HUD Customisation

Yes please! At the moment the companion app pretty much repeats the info on the HUD. If one or the other could be customised it would be great.

6 Likes

I want to see ave speed, ave cadence, ave HR. Let me choose what stats I see and also let me move it on the screen to the place I want it. Thanks

13 Likes

+1
Pls do

2 Likes

Average watts or average w/kg would be handy for leaders to try and keep rides in specified ranges.

3 Likes

Not sure why this isn’t a priority?

It would add to the games customisation which is where the world of gaming is travelling and what gamers are demanding.

Bumb because i’m confused either :slight_smile:
Ohh here look:

5 Likes

Posted a similar topic on another thread. Couldn’t agree more. In my case my head gets in the way of my projector image and the option of moving some of the graphics around would be wonderful.

Please make this happen. Would love to see Average HR when I do Endurance work!

1 Like

For me, one of the main advantages of using Zwift is that I have interesting scenery to look at whilst cycling indoors and going nowhere. However the UI - especially when doing a workout - is positioned in a way that hides most of that scenery. In fact if you take a typical workout screen the vast majority of the screen that isn’t covered-up by “nearby riders”, “min-map”, “workout intervals” and the main numbers is just a patch of boring tarmac! I would personally prefer that the numbers are at the bottom of the screen so you can see more of the environment although I appreciate that this would be a big change. So ideally, you would introduce configuration options in the settings where you could choose:
1). Where to dock the numbers (top or bottom)
2). Whether to display the mini map
3). Whether to display nearby riders

3 Likes

bump and again bump :pinching_hand:

Let’s face it. Zwift is raking in too much money to care and prioritize something as simple as moving a hud feature. Breaks a big part of the sense of immersion IMHO.

Well it could be super simple.
Hire some software nerds who work like robots and love what they do.
Create a code which is simple to change, well done logic.
Create an route editor, HUD editor, well make everything customizable. Building, Planning, whatever just watch certain trends in current online games and adventure games …
Work together with the communty.
Use all your money to create an overkill of a sports game. Sport is king. Sport is the future. Just don’t suck at beeing lame to the customers !!! …

This is unreasonable to assume. Both Eric and Jon have talked about a UI refresh in the works. It has been talked about on the ZwiftCast (https://zwiftinsider.com/zwiftcast-65/) for example.

There’s no word as to when it’s coming, but the HUD is getting worked on.

2 Likes

I’d like to be able to change or hide certain UI elements when I’m riding. For example, there are some times when i’m riding and I don’t care about timed segments on a course. So it’s really annoying and immersion breaking to see my ranking on segment on the left side that I don’t really care about doing and I’m not trying to compete in. I don’t care to see to see where I am in that ranking in real time pop up in the middle of the screen either. I also don’t care to see who’s around me either on that bar on the right side and if I don’t care to see who’s around me i really could care less about closing the gap either.

Seriously, you want this to be an immersive virtual reality option for indoor cycling and yet you have all these UI elements pop up or slide in to place that break that immersion and take me out of the worldspace and just irritate and piss me off instead and bring me back to where I actually am and at that point i want to stop and not use zwift. It’s called information overload and in some games developers try to minimize that so it doesn’t get in the way of the actual game.

I get it though, some people want that, but you know what some people don’t want that as well. Again, maybe have an option to allow users to customize those UI elements on the screen to allow them to see what they want to come up on the UI.

1 Like

Hi @John_Emanuel

Check this out. https://zwiftinsider.com/run-zwift-with-minimal-distractions/

1 Like

You updated the Richmond course with newer and better visuals, that’s awesome! I’m from Richmond and recently moved away so it’s great to be able to ride that course and see how it more closely resembles the actual city and how you put in real life landmarks and buildings. You know though what’s not awesome and really takes me out of the moment and has me screaming at the screen and I debate on stopping and closing out of Zwift? Your UI.

I’m riding and a list slides in from the left showing me my ranking on a timed segment that I don’t care about and I’m not trying to compete in. Another UI element pops up in the middle showing me my real time standings against the people in that timed segment that I don’t care about and i’m not competing in. And another UI element shows up when there’s another rider in front of me telling me to CLOSE THE GAP… I don’t care and i’m not trying to close the gap and it’s really irritating me to see that message pop up. Then there’s that list of riders on the right of people who are around me. Don’t care. I don’t care who’s around me. I’m just trying to get in a ride.

I get it though for some people, they want that, and maybe i do when i’m feeling competitive. But some times, i’m not and I don’t want to see that on the screen and it takes me out of the moment and out of the gameworld you guys have created. Maybe give people the option to taylor the UI instead of forcing all these popups and UI animations on the screen. Maybe take a look at how android or ios or windows builds their UI and how it doesn’t try to get in the way of people using it. I’m just saying, your UI is getting in the way of the game.

1 Like

that’s not an adequate. Having to go into an xml file to edit settings is a work-around at best and a nuclear option as it removes ALL Ui elements. Since this is a virtual world and I can’t get a sense of speed and I do train, i would like to know my stats such as heart rate, speed, power, etc… Again, what I’m asking for is in the settings to be able to have an option to customize what is displayed on the screen, not an all or none approach.

2 Likes

What device are you using for Zwift?

I believe on iOS and maybe ATV to can swipe those off the screen.

2 Likes

No, i’m using a laptop with windows 10

Yes, this! I particularly hate that giant ‘real time standings’ popping up in the middle of the screen during a KOM or timed segment that I have no hope of being competive in, especially near the end of a long ride when i’m tired and just hanging on trying to get through it. I’m a quarter of the way up the mountain and Zwift is telling me that someone has already finished the mountain by now, and I’m going to be 2nd, now 3rd, now 4th, now 5th… oh heavens, it’s obvious I’m going to be around 200th! I really don’t need to know just how pathetically far behind the leaders… I’m riding my own ride, and I’d just prefer to turn that off.