Game Update 1.41 [May 2023]

Hello Zwifters!

Game version 1.41 has begun rolling out. This phased release will take place over a couple of days. Here’s what to expect in this release:

• You can now compete against other Zwifter’s HoloReplays! After turning “Leaderboard HoloReplay” to “Show” in the game settings menu, you will see a HoloReplay within your capabilities spawn from another Zwifter’s time on any segment or route from the leaderboard. To read more about the new HoloReplay addition or to leave some feedback, head to this thread.
  • When participating in events, the 30-minute timer to use Coffee Stop will now begin when the event is scheduled to start instead of when Zwifters join the pen. Zwifters will still get the 30 second Coffee Stop in the first 5 minutes. Coffee Stop is still not usable in races or other competitive events.
  • HoloReplay information in the Riders Nearby List will once again show the segment or route time.
  • The coast is calling - gear up for the all new Zwift Ride Series! Beginning in June, weekly curated courses will take you on a journey through the coasts of Makuri and Watopia, unlocking a “Coastal Cruise” achievement badge.
  • PC & Mac: Zwift game launcher updated to v1.1.8.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed issue that impacted navigation within certain text fields with mouse or keyboard.
  • Fixed an issue where other riders occasionally weren’t shown in the “Zwifted With” list after an activity.
  • Fixed an issue where black boxes occasionally appeared in dusty conditions.
  • Apple TV: Fixed an issue with Apple TV remotes not being able to use ride leader fence controls.
  • Apple TV: Fixed an issue with Apple TV remotes not selecting the game menu button when the Back button was pressed.
  • Apple TV: Fixed an issue with Apple TV remotes not being able to navigate up and select power-ups.
  • Android: Fixed an issue where RunPods and smart treadmills failed to connect.
  • Android: Fixed a potential crash when using an external keyboard.
  • PC & Mac: Fixed not being able to paste text within in-game chat.

Any questions about this release? Ask here!

UPDATE June 1
1.41 rollout to more PC / macOS / Android devices has begun.

Reminder: PC and Mac users will be prompted to update the Launcher app to version 1.1.8.

UPDATE June 2

Zwift v 1.41 has rolled out to 100% of devices on all OS platforms except macOS.
macOS rollout is on hold while we resolve two issues. Please see this discussion for details if you’re having launcher crashes or seeing an Accept network incoming message popup.

UPDATE June 5
1.41 rollout on macOS rollout has resumed. Please see this workaround for details if you’re having launcher crashes or seeing an Accept network incoming message popup.

4 Likes

Looks like a nice set of changes! Here is my post about the release including images, my thoughts, and a bugs list that I will be updating daily: Zwift Update Released 1.41 - ZRace Central

1 Like

When will we see any new additions to the drop shop?

Thanks for this.

I assume it goes for pasting the save ride title as well.

1 Like

We see additions quite often just they are never listed in the release notes.

I think that tends to be instigated from manufacturers wanting their products featuring.

What sort of non-race competitive events do you envision will be served without coffee? Tour of Watopia?

1 Like

I think it’s just races Paul.

1 Like

Leaderboard HoloReplays are now enabled for everyone on game version 1.41. Remember, this is a phased rollout, so not everyone will see them right away. As the version becomes available, you’ll be able to see HoloReplays from the leaderboards.

To see all the information about the new version of HoloReplay and to leave your feedback, head to the thread: Introducing Leaderboard HoloReplays [May/June 2023]

Do any of these fixes indirectly solve the hard crash on filtering event results? Or hard crash on reaching a finish line?

1 Like

Matt do a favour and link to those posts. I’ll get someone to have a look if it hasn’t happened already.

I don’t know if there was a report here about it. During the Chasing Race tour, we had a number of people who suffered a crash at the finish line and traced it back to people who filtered to A or B on the results. It was just a straight crash with the last portion of the ride missing from strava but captured on zwift power / live. So … timing wise on the last version. Definitely PC version (not sure if atv or not).

In this event you can see a number of people were impacted, (green power icon showing the live data only results ZwiftPower - Login ) because the fit file was incomplete.

To replicate. Ride an event. Finish it and hit “B” on the results.

We also had some odd (not connection-related) behavior on the finish lines. 1-2 instances of people seeing a portion of the pack disappear at a banner and others seeing a full crash. The tour used custom finish lines in a lot of cases. (I wasn’t impacted by those first hand so no about it).

Thanks Matt - I don’t think there is a generic finish line issue (there may have been on that event) but we can definitely have a look at the filtering.

Just editing to add that whilst I don’t see everything in here (almost, not quite) this is the first I’ve seen of this.

Also what route was this?

1 Like

@James_Zwift @Matt_Wheeler

James - the post you are looking for is this one and I believe that has been solved :+1:

Cheers Jon. @Matt_Wheeler please let me know if you see any more instances of this with the current version.

1 Like

Climbers Gambit was the main one but it happened on a couple. I’ll open a bug if it repeats.

During the Chasing Race tour, we had a number of people who suffered a crash at the finish line
@Matt_Wheeler
Sounds like you are reporting crashed experienced by other people, not by you personally, is that correct?

Zwifters running the game on iOS / Apple TV / Android may not update the app automatically. This is especially true if they leave Zwift running in the background instead of force-closing after each session.

Please ask them if they’re on a mobile OS, and if that’s the case - remind them to visit the Google Play / Apple App stores and manually update the Zwift app if an update is available.

Currently got black blocks riding with Maria on the flat route - no dust,

It’s quite annoying tbf

1 Like