Introducing Leaderboard HoloReplays [May/June 2023]

Hey Zwifters!

As we’ve been adding more and more to the HoloReplay experience since the October launch, we’ve been building toward a major iteration: racing against other Zwifter’s Replays.

Our goal is to spawn a Replay from another Zwifter on any segment or route with a leaderboard that will feel just challenging enough for you to chase down. By using your 60 day power curve and current speed into the segment, we spawn a HoloReplay for you that is slightly faster than your predicted finish time for the segment. We believe you’ll feel that urge to catch the Replay more than ever before.

The feature is available to all Zwifters with the release of game version 1.41.

The quick n’ dirty details are below, with a much more in-depth FAQ at the bottom.

How do I see other Zwifter’s Replays?

• Open the in-game settings and scroll down to “Leaderboard HoloReplay” and then set “Leaderboard HoloReplay” to “Show” (the default option is “hide”).

Can I select which Zwifter’s Replay I see? Can I send my Replay to my friends?

• Not at this time. For our initial implementation of this feature, the Replay of another Zwifter you see will be automatically selected for you based on your 60 day Zwift power curve from all your activities.
    You will not be able to send, receive, or otherwise manually select which Replay from another Zwifter you ride against during any given segment.

Selecting “Show” on the Leaderboard HoloReplay option will allow you to see other Zwifter’s Replays based on public segment leaderboard times, e.g. Hilly Loop, Volcano Circuit, Fuego Flats Sprint, etc.
    This is the same logic as when we initially launched HoloReplay: you will see other Zwifter’s replays on any timed segment or route with a public leaderboard in Zwift.

How will I know which Replay I’m going to see?

• As you approach a segment, your 60 day Zwift power curve from all your activities (the same we use for calculating your race category under Category Enforcement) will be combined with your speed approaching the segment to determine when you’re most likely to finish the segment. The Replay that will spawn will be slightly faster than your predicted finish based on those two criteria.

Keep in mind that the Replays that spawn for a segment are limited to the current available leaderboard times for that segment, so you may see some variance in the selected Replay.

Do I get to see every Zwifter’s Replay? Can every Zwifter see my Replay?

• You will need to select the setting you’re most comfortable with for other Zwifters to see your Replay. To do so, navigate to the settings menu until you see “HoloReplay Privacy,” where you’ll have the “Public” or “Private” option.

When you select “Public,” that means every Zwifter who has selected “Show” for Leaderboard HoloReplays will see your Replay, provided you have a segment completion on the leaderboard at the time they cross the start line for a segment and your Replay is selected as the best option for them to race against.

When you select “Private” that means that no one - not even Zwifters with “Show” on the Leaderboard HoloReplay setting will see your Replay.

The purpose of this option is to allow you to show your Replay to folks when you want to. If you’re not feeling particularly sharing on any given day, you can turn your Replays to Private.

Conversely, if you’re feeling proud of your segment time on the day, you can opt to show your Replay for anyone who wants to test their mettle against your time.

What do I see when someone else’s Replay spawns for me? How do I tell which one it is?

• You will see that Replay spawn in the same fashion as your own Replays would; it will appear on the Zwifters nearby list with the username of the Zwifter you’re riding against and their leaderboard position, e.g. “E. Merckx (3)” or “F. Cancellara (10)” etc.

You will see the bike and wheels the Zwifter used at the time they completed the segment, though the avatar will appear as a generic avatar that is transparent and white.

The goal is to give you an indication of the leaderboard time you’re riding against as well as the bike and wheels used by that Zwifter at the time they completed the segment. Because avatar appearance doesn’t affect the time and because Replays appear translucent, we are keeping the avatar generic for now.

Can I ride with other Zwifter’s Replays and my own? Am I limited to the number of Replays I can see at once?

• Yes, you can ride with other Zwifter’s Replays as well as your own at the same time. You will only see one Leaderboard Replay spawn per segment.

It is 100% possible to select HoloReplay options that give you both route and segment Replays from your own 90 day PR data as well as your most recent completions in addition to other Zwifter’s Replays if you wish. By our rough counts, this means that with all HoloReplay options enabled to their fullest, you could see up to 5 Replays at once (and there may be places where you can see more). Hey bud, let’s party!

We welcome your feedback! Please be as direct and concise with your feedback as possible, so we can be sure to capture what you love, what you don’t like, and what you think would improve the experience.

We will be locking this post 10 days after the original post date to keep discussion timely and focused.

Ride On. :ride_on:

FAQ

How do I see other Zwifters’ Replays?

• Open the in-game settings and scroll down to “Leaderboard HoloReplay”, then set “Leaderboard HoloReplay” to “Show” (the default option is “hide”).

How will I know which Zwifter’s Replay from a leaderboard I’m going to see?

• As you approach a segment, your 60 day Zwift power curve from all your activities(the same we use for calculating your racing category) as well as your current speed leading into the segment will be used to determine when you’re most likely to finish the segment. The Replay that will spawn will be slightly faster than your predicted finish and will be from the current available leaderboard times for that segment. For users who lack 60 day power curve data we will revert to zFTP or last 10 second power averaged going into the segment – whichever is greater.

What data is used to spawn my Replay when other Zwifters ride against it?

• When other Zwifters are riding against your Replay, they will only see your Replay if you’re on their current leaderboard for a given segment and you have selected “Show” under “HoloReplay Privacy.” The Replay that represents your current leaderboard entry will be used.

Can I select which Zwifter’s Replay I see?

• Not at this time. For our initial implementation of this feature, the Replay of another Zwifter you see will be automatically selected for you based on your 60 day Zwift power curve from all your activities.

Can I send my Replay to my friends?

• You will not be able to send, receive, or otherwise manually select which Replay from another Zwifter you ride against during any given segment.

Do I get to see every Zwifter’s Leaderboard Replay? Can every Zwifter see my Leaderboard Replay?

• You will need to select the setting you’re most comfortable with for other Zwifters to see your Replay. To do so, navigate to the settings menu until you see “HoloReplay Privacy,” where you’ll have the “Public” or “Private” option.

When you select “Public,” that means every Zwifter who has selected “Show” for Leaderboard HoloReplays will see your Replay, provided you have a segment completion on the leaderboard at the time they cross the line for a segment and your Replay is selected as the best option for them to race against. When you select “Private” that means only you can see your Replay.

What do I see when someone else’s Replay spawns for me? How do I tell it apart from my own Replays?

• You will see that Replay spawn in the same fashion as your own Replays would; it will appear on the Zwifters nearby list with the username of the Zwifter you’re riding against and their leaderboard position, e.g. “E. Merckx (3)” or “F. Cancellara (10)” etc.

You will see the bike and wheels the Zwifter used at the time they completed the segment, though the avatar will appear as a generic avatar that is transparent and white; the avatar will not be an accurate reflection of the Zwifter’s avatar whose Replay you are riding against.

Can I ride with other Zwifter’s Replays and my own at the same time? Am I limited to the number of Replays I can see at once?

• Yes, you can ride with other Zwifter’s Replays as well as your own at the same time. Leaderboard Replays are compatible with all other HoloReplay settings, and can be used together or individually. The choice is yours.

Can other Zwifters see my Avatar’s characteristics when they see my Replay?

• No, they will see a generic looking avatar that is translucent white and will not have any of the customized features of your actual avatar. Other Zwifters will see which bike and wheels you used when you completed that segment, however.

Will other Zwifter’s Replays spawn only for Sprint and KOM segments, or will they spawn for complete routes?

• Other Zwifter’s Replays will spawn for any segment with a leaderboard. This includes sprints, KOMs, and full routes that have a leaderboard, such as the Volcano Circuit.

Will I see other Zwifters’ Leaderboard Replays during my workouts or in events like group rides?

• Just like your own HoloReplay, you will see another Zwifter’s Replay spawn during free rides only.

Please note: we have discovered an issue where you will not see a Leaderboard HoloReplay when the option for your Segment HoloReplay is set to not show. You will see a Leaderboard HoloReplay only when you select either “Most Recent” or “90 day PR” for your segment Replay. Options for route HoloReplays have no effect on the Leaderboard Replay.

You can expect a fix for this in a future game release.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.