Personal Best Bot

This was a popular topic that sparked a lot of discussion, so we’ve decided to bring it over to our new forums! Any duplicate topics created will be merged with this one. Enjoy the discussion and Ride On.

Posyed on Facebook by Tim Palmer …

Raised my first suggestion tonight - following conversation with Kevin Connors Tim Palmer – WSR Jul 13, 17:50 - if you like it please vote wink emoticon

Whilst riding solo today I really missed the group concept of WSR and was thinking what would push me and I thought about the Garmin ghost rider on their watches - basically once a lap is completed you can see yourself on the island as the last lap and you can beat your own bot - will push you on. Zwift already has the last times and improvements on KOM, Sprint, Lap so thinking the data is there. Love to turn on a key to say ‘Personal PB Bot’ and see my best lap droid pushing ahead falling back as I try to beat my best times - but with a real clone of myself - hope that makes sense

Cool idea. I would be nice to have a visual way to challenging myself. Maybe this PB bot be extended to include a pacing mode, or serve as a guide or self-coach during workout sessions, like you would have to keep up with the bot during an interval.

7 Likes

I like this idea.
Maybe it could start with a ‘bot’ of your PB just on the established KOM/Sprint segments, with the option to enable/disable this feature in the options menu.

6 Likes

Nice idea, would like it for running also.

3 Likes

Yes! I was going to suggest this but u beat me to it. This is a great idea for a great feature! The Expresso brand stationary bikes have this feature. U can select your PR or that of another rider against whom to compete on any given route. The next time u select that route u see a ghost avatar on course with u. It rides off in the distance if you’re slower or disappears behind u if you’re faster. A dialogue box lets u know how far ahead or behind u are.

This is a great motivating tool… racing against your PR (or your buddy’s PR) trying to beat it to the top of a climb or nip it at the end of a sprint. Lots of fun! If u go a PR for the whole route it updates do that u compete against a fast time next time. And it resets every quarter so you’ve got get out there and lay down another fast time every three months at a minimum.

Do it! …please :grinning:

5 Likes

To add to PR bot’s capabilities, let the user manually enter a set pace or target wattage — for pacing or maybe workout guidance.

10 Likes

Great idea, would be a really nice feature to be able to select when wanted.

I’ll vote for that!

3 Likes

Eric talked about this in the latest Zwiftcast, when asked which one feature he’s have in the game tomorrow if he could just click his fingers. It’s coming! Soon :wink:

(n.b. values of “soon” may vary)

8 Likes

Agree. PB Bot or Ghost would be very useful. I frequently rode against a past performance on computrainer.

3 Likes

Awesome idea. Just have the option to turn the “PB Ghost” on or off in the settings menu.

It would be a great motivator to chase down your PB Ghost. I know personally i’ll ride harder if i’m trying to chase or keep up with another rider in front of me.

Utilize those old Blue Riders from the early days of Zwift!!

3 Likes

Great idea, must to have in Zwift!

Voted.
Really good idea.

I would like to see this:

• setting lap point on map x with time stamps (ghosts from lap point y to z) which trigger each time passing the lap point
  • seeing ghost riders for 30 days personal best (which would be nice to enhance to all time best list) for KOM xyz which will trigger each time passing the PB line
    Persistent personal bests
    Personal Records (PR) - option to select beyond 30-day timeframe - implemented June 2022
  • creating races chasing a time (ghost rider) with
  • different race modi like each round/lap shorter time/faster ghost without slipstream (each rider racing against himself and of course the time and therefore the ghost) so again the higher the level the faster the bot (shorter time) over a given distance or equal
3 Likes

I think this would be great for FTP testing. I’d like to be able to set my expected FTP and have the ghost pace me there. And like you said… do have a ghost during intervals would, I think, help me flatten out the variations I get from ERG mode.

1 Like

I have a number of friends who are Zwift users and many people like to “chase” someone while riding in “just ride” mode. They use this as their way to push themselves. Zwift has many really fit and talented riders, so it can be difficult to find someone that’s at your level to chase. The A, B, C, D race and workout classes haven’t perfected this yet.

I’d like to see something similar to a Mario Kart last lap ghost. It could be used on KOM’s or Sprint segments so you have someone that you could race against or a ghost that represented your average power over a prolonged period of time, say 5 hours, to ride along with. It would be nice if you could scale that ghost similar to a workout to help you continue to push yourself (set the ghost at 102%).

Is this a feature anyone would use if it existed?

Thanks,
Greg

2 Likes

+Like. Great feature request.

yes, this would be great. I use a concept 2 rowing machine, and have this feature that I use on every workout.
In a more general sense, just being able to ride a “course” and knowing how you are doing compared to last time you rode it, or your PR, during the ride would be good. I have never seen ANY tech enabled workout where I was not able to do this. I am new to Zwift but am having a hard time with it because I spend all my time trying to figure out what I am doing and how to see what my last ride stats were, to try to beat it. Still cannot figure out how to do it.

2 Likes

I want to be able to draft off of him as well, and admire how good looking I am. I will just suck his wheel like a champ until the final 3K and then blow him away!!!

Seriously - very good idea!

I’d like to ride with my ghost, when I’m making workouts. My ghost should be very experienced rider, who can keep pace in every second of workout. I’d would like to follow him instead of looking on numbers and bars. He should be my perfect sparring partner. He should also reset his position, when I fail interval (to less or more power).

1 Like