Get in touch with the dev team

Let’s not forget about the trees that move on the ground.

I think that Zwift would function without this forum and the contributions made by many - which for the record, we are very grateful for.

You don’t have to spend your time providing support but we are grateful that you do.

I’ve worked in a number of other software development firms and the outside view is always omg so many bugs no testing at all, but that honestly isn’t the case (in terms of testing, obviously there are bugs).

I’m sorry that a number of you feel taken for granted - that’s not our intention, but there are only so many developers we have and so many hours they can work on fixing things as well as providing new functionality that is demanded constantly (demanded is a bad word, but I couldn’t think of a better one).

@anon99260137 thanks for taking the time to highlight those list of issues. Whilst some are low priority and may not get fixed I’ll see if we can get someone to have a look.

2 Likes

Yes, this is a frustration and one that we do need to fix. You can imagine that any frustration that an event organiser feels for time changes are 100x more at HQ.

2 Likes

I’ve forward your request to the team responsible for these matters.
If you don’t hear back from someone in a few days, please ping us back.

3 Likes

We should organise a Tour de Zwift (offices) to show all the work being done internally :sweat_smile:
Unfortunately we can’t :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

It starts on the 9th :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you James, David, it would be good to see them being logged and addressed, some of them may seem like minor issues but they’re all irritating enough that I’ve taken the time to log them. The workout issues in particular are really irritating as someone that does workouts most/all days, and I’d really appreciate those getting fixed in particular:

which is my birthday!

2 Likes

How do you know they haven’t been logged already?

1 Like

Many probably aren’t flagged by anyone. As a moderator I still don’t read everything, and although there are a few of us it’s likely some comments don’t get seen by any of us.

We’ll respond to flags from other forum members of course, but even then I think it’s fair to say we’re individuals who sometimes differ in our responses to flags. So you might find something gets left/deleted depending on who responded to the flag.

I think you’ve (probably inadvertently) highlighted a big part of the problem with the current process, @DavidP , that I and others have gone over several times in other bug report threads - there’s never any feedback.

If an issue has been acknowledged internally within Zwift, then I would expect the issue to be moved to “known issues” so that it was clear to myself and others that the issue was being looked at and had been acknowledged. This is a reasonable courtesy I think and part of a normal feedback loop, but would also prevent (or at least reduce) instances of duplicate issues being reported/logged. It would also allow the customer-facing report to have the associated internal ticket ID assigned/attached to it, so that follow up is possible.

Some bugs are acknowledged, tracked, fixed and notified. Some are acknowledged, tracked, fixed and not notified. Some are acknowledged, tracked and remain forevermore. Some are never acknowledged but are randomly fixed one day. Take your pick, mix and match as appropriate. There’s no rhyme or reason to it, at least on this side of the fence. Then there’s the entire ‘known issues’ board/process, which is a mess and doesn’t even attempt to summarise current issues in any sort of concise format. You may be shocked and surprised to learn that such a thing has been suggested before. It’s pointless mate.

1 Like

We will never be able to and probably wouldn’t want to, provide a full list of outstanding issues. It’s not manageable.

FWIW I’ve been chatting with one of our QA Managers about how we better manage Community driven triage.

2 Likes

Looking forward to a “Won’t fix” board getting added alongside Bugs and Known issues…

3 Likes

Nor is it reasonable to expect such a thing, I certainly don’t and I doubt anyone would argue. You clearly must have it internally though… I hope.

With the summary I was referring to major current and/or newly observed issues. Most of them are reported by the userbase within hours of the game update being released. We then get days or sometimes weeks of the same questions over and over, creating work for the mods and not helping those who don’t frequent this forum daily to get good quality information, quickly and easily. Then there’s the game update release notes, which often only tell half the story and need the likes of Zwift Insider to elaborate on.

1 Like

That’s a key point in this thread: the people on this forum are in the (often vocal) minority.

I assume Zwift staff are well aware of all the of the issues - from the Companion App UI inconsistencies, to in-game oddities etc. My getting frustrated won’t change a thing. I’m a lot happier just enjoying the game for what it is and not wishing it were something else. (EDIT - I love the game, ride almost daily and will continue to recommend it to people)

A lot of the threads posted to the forum - particularly from new users - (“This is the first time xxx has posted! Let’s welcome them!”) are a direct result of bugs, and UI inconsistencies. The fact you can’t find and filter events using native Zwift.com tools and have to use community tools like ZwiftHacks’ Events page, and Zwift Insider’s RoboPacer schedule are evidence of this.

I feel I’ve done my part by creating the original Resource Megathread (now a Wiki all should be able to edit). I’m less and less compelled to engage on the forum, at least vis-a-vis questions that spring from bugs and an inconsistent UX/UI.

Happy to chat about Easter Eggs, Pain Caves and so forth.

2 Likes

Without that I’m not sure we would function as a business!

In case it hasn’t been said already = thank you. We’re really grateful for your hard work (and that of others, some mentioned in this thread).

In an ideal world, there would be no bugs, but we have to try and balance a mix of new functionality, fixing higher priority bugs, whilst also remaining financially viable (it’s worth noting I have no visibility of our budget, just talking from a common sensical point of view)

1 Like

How re you getting on with this @James_Zwift @DavidP ?

If you’ve read the list, can you let me know which of the bugs you consider to be “won’t fix”, and which you consider to be “low priority fix”, and which “normal priority fix” please?

I’ll tag you on each of the posts so that they’re in your update/notification list :+1:

I think you can pretty safely assume that any of the reports that haven’t received any response from ZHQ are an implicit “won’t fix”…