Personal Best Bot

+1. I would love having a personal ghost to help me beat my personal record, or to score better results in training/test.

Can anyone help me explaining the ‘voting’ part? I’ve read about this a couple of times, but I don’t know how this works.

Oh and please Zwift make it possible to display the personal best times longer than 30 days. At least let Zwifters decide for how long the results are shown.

Imagine this as a race. Whatever feature ranking first has better chances of being implemented.

Now wake up. You were dreaming.

1 Like

Look at the feature requests that have the most votes to see how often voting works:
https://forums.zwift.com/c/feature-requests/14/l/top/all

Actually, this will give you only the “Top” requests… (most active, not most voted for…)

Try https://forums.zwift.com/c/feature-requests/14/l/top/all?order=votes

The first “SOLVED” item is beyond the 40th place.

I rest my case.

(edited to add most requested features)

3 Likes

i think the “solved” flag is a bit out of date or inaccurate. some of these HAVE been addressed and/or could be part of the UI customization that was de-prioritized for COVID/TDF stuff. there are a few others that have been “addressed”, but likely won’t be “solved”.

ex:

• world switching. there are now 3 worlds to choose from.
  • xp points for climbing/distance. this is what drops do now.
  • more flat routes. the desert was added to watopia, and there are some flat(ish) routes in france.
  • MTB and gravel bikes. this is done.
  • add levels beyond 25. this is done.
  • junior rider weight. i think they did change this recently?
  • group workout through meetup. i don’t know if this one works, but i thought that some changes were recently made here?

addressed, but not solved:

• velodrome. apparently steering is the hitch for this one.
  • new route X. zwift works on new routes, but not these specific ones.
  • rowing. might be coming soon?
2 Likes

This has nothing to do with COVID19, TdF or the “New UI” (which is also a “New Feature” mentioned years ago.) One can alweys find excuses (sorry, “reasons”), however these issues have been pending for a l-o-n-g time, some date to a time before the new forum interface was introduced. When current events are used to justify old issues… well, you get the point.

So… lets go over them item by item:

Should I go on?

(edited to link to TriDot…)
(edited to reflect “improve Training Plan schedule flexibility” is a “NO”. Thanks, @Steve!)

5 Likes

No. The scheduled training plan functionality hasn’t been updated since introduction, has it?

I do not even know how there are people defending zwifts crap approach towards user requirements. Their approach towards a GUI reminds me of the early 80’s when it was common to have separate configuration and user modules, and with separate I mean separate. The whole save without exit is just so beyond ridiculous. Besides the fact that it has the most vote of any request but it has been at the top for YEARS now. Not day, weeks, or months but YEARS. And last night I was reminded again how crap the zwift GUI experience really is. To access the menu you first have to enter the game. No problem? a Little use case for our incompetent product manager - As a rider on zwift I want to complete routes that I have not completed before. Great I can do that but how do I know which routes I still need to complete? Well in zwift I have two choices: a) I keep a list somewhere and then tick them off or b) I start zwift, start a ride, enter the menu to check my completed routes, make a mental note of the one I still need to do, exit the game, and restart. WHO F**** STUPID IS THAT!

Oh but I just LOOOOVE the extra little flower in the fields on the desert loop. WOW makes my day every time. But this is what you get when a company thinks that they have arrived and that each and every new feature and bug fix is a gift to their paying customers.

8 Likes

This post is brilliant and 100% spot on.
I’ve just cancelled my membership. Zwifts incessant push of racing and e-sports has completely put aside any need or want to fix problems/bugs or required functionality.
The tipping point for me was doing the Ven-Top stage recently and having to look at all the stupid almost troll like behaviour pop up on the chat feed, even though I have the chat function turned off!!! This bug has been around for ages.

Zwift is really starting to lose its way.

1 Like

Introduce a feature where you can compete against your personal best time using a ghost of yourself to race against. Much needed id say

Some years ago one of my favourite apps when riding on a trainer was Race My Ghost. Unfortunately no longer supported or available. It was a good incentive to do better before virtual worlds came along.

1 Like

Suggested years ago… see Personal Best Bot (509 votes, still pending)

1 Like

Until we get real PB riders, try the pacer bots. Pick one and see how long you can stay ahead. (You can do a lap but you’ll have to draft and wait for a start/finish point.) If you don’t want to do a lap, see how long you can stay just ahead of the bot. On your next workout add 2-4 pounds to your weight and try to stay ahead for the same amount of time.
Ghost riders are supposedly in the works but not necessarily anytime soon.

1 Like

i want to choose a route and race against my personal best time on this route?
man super mario card was more future back in the days …

2 Likes

The concept 2 rowing erg has this option to rerace any race with a ghost rower. It is amazing how many times I have got a PB using this option. It is a great incentive to push that little bit harder and it improves my overall fitness and mental strength.

1 Like

You can do this easily in Rouvy.

I would love to choose a route and race against the best of all time, or my own time, or a specific w/kg or just a time i set an go deep against the BOT/Ghost … could you please make it happen?

1 Like

Sorry.

Have you seen how many votes this request has? How long has it been active?

Zwift is simply mocking us Zwifters with this “Feature Requests” forum (none - less one - of which has ever been implemented!)

It will never happen.

1 Like

I am still a beginner, although I’ve been Zwifting for over a year I’ve only really started cycling regularly in the last couple of months. I’m just interested in getting fit and losing weight at the moment. I ride for exactly one hour every other day (fasted, before breakfast) and I just try to keep my cadence steady (around 90) and try to increase the distance travelled in an hour on a particular route every day. I’m not a fan of hills. I’m currently using the Tempus Fugit course in Watopia as it’s so nice n flat. So far I’ve only encountered a Pace Partner once, for the second half of my hour long ride. They swept up behind me and I managed to stay with them for the rest of the hour. My results that day were spectacular. I went from doing 33km in a hour on that route to 37km in the hour (and only half of that was chasing the pace partner). My FTP went up from 204 to 216. I assume that you get some sort of drafting effect from being in the group with the pace partner but I know that it definitely helped me to push myself further than I would normally have gone. I’ve since managed 35km in an hour on that same route without the help of the pace partner so I know I can improve without it but it would be a lot more helpful if I could use one every workout.

What I’d like to see is the ability to have a personal pace partner. One I can preset to follow for a set time, on a specific route, at a specific w/kg or maybe ramping up the w/kg from 2-3 over the course of the hour (or whatever time I set for the workout). I think I would find this hugely beneficial, judging by the results of following a pace partner for just half an hour.
I should say that I am on the spectrum and have social anxiety so I’m neither very comfortable nor very adept at the more social aspects of Zwifting. I really don’t need to see or interact with the rest of the community when I’m riding. I try to give thumbs up but always feel guilty if I fail to return a ‘ride on’ in time when I’ve received one. I feel like I’m being seen as being anti-social but in reality I’m concentrating on beating my PB and can’t really concentrate on that and keeping tabs on what everyone else is doing. Therefore I’d like to suggest an option to not see any of the other riders, to just ride alone against my own personal pace partner. Surely not having to render and calculate all the other users would save processing power/boost display performance at our end? (not that I’ve noticed any problems).

Hi @Alex_Tomlinson1, welcome to the forums!

Many users have asked for a personal best bot over the years, if you search the forums you will find many threads about it. Unfortunately the pace partners is the closest thing we have gotten so far.

I might suggest that you create you own workout in Zwift to ramp up and hold a certain w/kg for any duration. Then you can use it on any route you want. Also, if you unplug or turn off your wireless after you get started and have spawned into a world, then all other Zwifters will disappear. Just don’t forget to turn it back on at the end of your ride so you can save and upload the ride to Zwift servers.