Hey Zwifters, the time has come! We’ve begun releasing our Guest World feature. This will be rolled out over several days, with Windows and Mac live already, and Android, AppleTV, and iOS following over the coming days.
With this change Watopia will now always be available and the old calendar becomes a “Guest World” calendar. The Guest World is exactly what it sounds like. It’s the 2nd world available to use in addition to Watopia, and it will change from day to day just like the world did before.
With plenty of road to ride on Watopia all the time, our future guest worlds and events will have a little more freedom to try new things. In the meantime we’ll also to continue to build out Watopia with more variety, as we think it can become an even better place to ride and run this year.
A few other notable changes in this update include:
- Increased tolerance of bluetooth packet dropouts on running footpads
- Screenshots now can optionally include the on-screen HUD on PC and Mac (iOS/AppleTV already had this feature). You can toggle the HUD per shot at the end of your session on the save screen.
- Improved realtime event ranking with regards to people who join late
- BETA: Windows bluetooth control of smart trainers improved. Please give it a try if you have a windows 10 laptop.
- Lots of little bug fixes and enhancements
Known issue in this release:
- Route distances shown in the route selection menu or on the event HUD may be slightly short. The routes and events should still function properly and be the correct distances. We’ll deploy a fix as soon as possible.
- We have left Watopia on the calendar for a little longer to accommodate the Zwifters who don’t have the update yet. Watopia will be removed soon as it will no longer be necessary.
- Meetups can only be scheduled on the Guest World at this time. An update to Zwift Companion will be released next week which will allow meetups to be on Watopia+Guest World, again to accommodate Zwifters who don’t yet have this game update.
As usual we’re all ears when it comes to feedback about changes or a new issue you may have discovered, just respond to this thread. Or if there is something new you’d like to see, head on over to Feature Requests to post your idea.
The Team at Zwift