Hey Zwifters, it’s that time again. The new update is out and it’s a good one for the runners of Watopia! We now support sport-specific roads/paths in our worlds, and the first one we’ve released is a run-only path that goes right through downtown on Watopia.
Other notable improvements include:
- Some training plans now have “optional” days, with no penalty for missing them
- Updated the road intersection UI
- Daily Targets (running) now will draw distance markers along the way to your goal
- Added support for custom event-only routes
- Running now supports 5k/10k tests, much like an FTP test. These are used in the 3Run13.1 plan, and a 5k test is also available in the workouts menu
In other news, we will soon be enabling cloud sync of your custom workouts across any device you use Zwift on. This should allow you to manage your workout library on a laptop, but enjoy the workouts on your phone, tablet, or AppleTV.
Finally, our artists are putting the final touches on the New York course, and we think everybody will get a kick out of this one. It will be unlike any course we’ve had before - stay tuned!
As usual we’re all ears when it comes to feedback about changes, just respond to this thread. Or if there is something new you’d like to see, head on over to Feature Requests to post your idea.
The Team at Zwift