Hey Zwifters, this update is a little different as we’ll be rolling it out to Zwifters over several days, with Apple TV being first (1/31), Mac following (2/1), and Windows and iOS coming in the days afterwards. We’re doing this to verify some small graphics changes we made work with the many hundreds of different computer configurations Zwift can run on.
With that out of the way, this update contains bug fixes, some minor features to support upcoming big features, and a couple of new routes in the route picker.
Notable changes are:
- Watopia ‘Mega Pretzel’ route added which covers all areas of Watopia in one route (except the bonus radio tower climb on the Epic KOM)
- ‘Greatest London Flat’ route added which includes the recently added ‘Richmond Park’ flat road.
- Graphics brightness auto-adjusts now so that caves, subways, valleys in shadow, etc are much brighter than before
- Fondo Bambino 4 week training plan added
- Distance based events now have a 3d holographic finish line added. This allows for the 5k and 10k runs to now have a visible finish. It also allows for more creative cycling events that could end anywhere on the course (ie, at the top of a climb).
- Users without an FTP or run pace zones set can now inform Zwift of what their fitness level generally is so workouts can be performed at a more reasonable level without needing to take a test.
- Fixed an issue where iOS and Apple TV devices could get into a state where they never see other riders until app was manually killed.
- Gear shift indicator added for Wattbike Atom users over BLE
- Bluetooth treadmill support for BowFlex BXT116/BXT216 treadmills
- Bluetooth “FTMS” treadmill protocol added
- Support for Gym bikes that use the Wahoo GymConnect protocol added
- Cyclists in London moved closer to edge of the road to avoid head on collisions with opposing traffic
- BETA: Running Pacer Bots can be turned on in some events. They will travel at the specified pace for each subgroup.
- Footpod run cadence now senses if bluetooth pod is broadcasting steps or strides per minute
- Fixed hologram treadmills from appearing outside of the warmup area for events
- New running idle animation added
- Lots of little bug fixes and behind the scenes changes
As usual we’re all ears when it comes to suggestions or feedback about changes, and a good way to do that is via our Zwift Support Community.
The Team at Zwift