Hi Zwifters. In this update we’ve got a few additions and fixes that we wanted to get out into the wild.
The update is about 60MB and includes:
- Fix for Bluetooth smart trainer control using native bluetooth on macOS
- Fixed a couple of issues with users in certain events taking wrong turns
- Added support for Kinetic Smart trainer via Zwift Mobile Link app
- Fix for inconsistent detection of all features of some Tacx and Elite trainers over Bluetooth
- Tweaked rider logic to try and get everybody back onto the road. This will be an ongoing area of improvement.
- Added new animated model types in Watopia - ski lift cars, birds, etc… This system will allow Zwift to have richer worlds in the future.
- Reduced overall size of Zwift by 50MB. We are now 80% done with our migration to the new more compact game data format. Updates should typically be smaller once this transition is finished by the end of the year.
We’ve also made some major, but invisible, changes behind the scenes which lays the groundwork for changing the world while you’re in Zwift. This could eventually allow us to do something like have a race on Richmond when it’s a Watopia day, or have two live worlds at once. We’ve tried to test the changes well before this update, but we may have missed something. Let us know if you see anything out of the ordinary.
As usual we’re all ears when it comes to suggestions or feedback about changes, and a good way to do that is via our Zwift Support Community.
The Team at Zwift