Hello Zwifters - we are beginning the phased rollout of game version 1.52 today on Windows, macOS, and Android. Release to iOS and tvOS begins tomorrow.
Here’s what you can expect in this release:
- Power values displayed in the in-game HUD now fluctuate less erratically when paired with trainers that broadcast power at 10Hz (including Zwift Hub running firmware 5.2 and newer).
- Watopia Expansion: We mowed – and then paved over – the grass that was incorrectly growing on one section of roadway.
- Watopia Expansion: Fixed an issue that could cause black squares to appear in some areas.
- Watopia Expansion: Improved rendering and reduced frequency of objects and buildings “popping in” on approach.
- Zwift Hub: Zwifters who use Play controllers with Zwift Hub updated to firmware 5.2 or newer will now receive an in-game tutorial introducing them to Virtual Shifting and letting them choose whether to have it enabled or disabled by default.
- Zwift Hub: For Zwift Hubs that are updated to firmware 5.2 or newer, fixed an issue which could cause the spanner/wrench (i.e. calibration) icon to briefly appear on the Pairing screen after pairing the Hub. Manual calibration is no longer applicable because Auto Calibration is in effect.
- Reduced rolling resistance proportionally across road, gravel, and mountain bike wheelsets when riding on dirt road types.
- Reduced rolling resistance for the ENVE G23 wheelsets to match other gravel wheelsets on gravel and dirt road types.
- Corrected the rolling resistance of the Zwift Mountain bike wheelset on brick road types.
- Fixed missing shadows from some trees on Alpe du Zwift.
- Workout Editor: Fixed an issue that could cause the numbers on the duration timeline to flicker.
- Fixed an issue that could potentially cause Zwifters with steering enabled to get pushed toward the center of the road when drafting a rider to their left.
- Ride leader fences will now be enabled by default.
- Improved the behavior of the “Keep Everyone Together” (i.e. rubber-banding) option in group rides to maintain more realistic speeds on routes with high gradients like Alpe du Zwift.
- Fixed a visual issue that could affect the nameplates of Zwifters behind you.
- Zwifters can now filter events based on whether steering is required or not.
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur when opening the Settings screen.
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur when exiting Zwift.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to momentarily dim after hitting a boost strip on Repack Rush.
UPDATE November 8
Phased rollout to iOS / tvOS has started.
Rollout to Windows / macOS / Android continues today.
UPDATE November 9
Rollout of game version 1.52.0 is complete to all OS platforms.
UPDATE NOVEMBER 15 v. 1.52.2
- Fixed an issue that could potentially cause a game crash for players with AMD Radeon GPUs.
Please ask any questions or report any issues in this thread. Thanks!