Hey Zwifters, although most of the team at Zwift HQ is hard at work finishing 2 large features we’ve still managed to fix a few things that had been bothering some users. Rather than wait for the larger release, we wanted to get them out now rather than later. As we often do, the iOS and Apple TV versions will be available later this week once they get approved through the App Store.
The fixes in this update include:
- Fix for large events w/multiple ride sweepers where the sweeper beacon could be seen differently by different users.
- Fixed issue where 2011 MacBook Air machines would run at drastically reduced performance
- Wide screen support expanded. UI elements should work nicer on 21:9 aspect ratio screens, 3 monitor setups, etc now. This also improves the HUD placement on iPhoneX
- Fixed elevation gain issue with TechnoGym MyRun bluetooth treadmill
- Fixed Viiii Ant+ -> Bluetooth bridge pairing for speed sensors on iOS
- Fixed issue where some devices could cause slightly squashed or stretched images to be uploaded to Strava
- Added auto-reconnection of bluetooth devices once returning to the Zwift app after swapping away on iOS and tvOS
- Improved resistance feel of Qubo Digital Smart B+ trainer
- Ensured running avatars more reliably start running around 4.2mph/6.8kph. Sometimes they could still be seen as walking
- Concept2 BikeErg indoor bike over bluetooth should work more reliably now
- Reduced network traffic between Zwift and Zwift Mobile Link app by nearly half to reduce issue some have reported with map and stats data being jumpy or incorrect
Additionally, about 10% of users on Mac should notice more immediate discovery of their devices over bluetooth. This change should eventually roll out to all Mac/iPad/iPhone Zwifters in the coming months.
As usual we’re all ears when it comes to suggestions or feedback about changes, and a good way to do that is via our Zwift Support Community.
The Team at Zwift