Zwift Game Release: Oct 31, 2018

Hey Zwifters. Today brings a small update which fixes up a few bugs and adds polish to the New York City map. Changes include:

• Reduced chances of late-joining Zwifters getting stuck riding in tight loops
  • Added option to mute title music
  • Increased spawning areas
  • Ride With Reason mission added, begins early November
  • Fixed issue where ride leader messages were being seen by everybody in the world
  • Halloween mode added
  • Issue with Assioma Uno pedals reporting half power fixed
  • Custom workout sync now supports folder hierarchies
  • Cleaned up some NYC map issues and other various bug fixes

As for what’s next…well, we are putting the finishing touches on a change that we think many Zwifters who’ve been around a while will enjoy. We are also working on a really great update to Zwift Companion which has a little something for everybody. Keep your eyes peeled for more info on those some time in November.

As usual we’re all ears when it comes to feedback about changes, just respond to this thread. Or if there is something new you’d like to see, head on over to Feature Requests to post your idea.

Ride On.

The Team at Zwift

44 Likes

Hot diggetty! Such a tease!

OK, who’s opening the sweepstake? I’m in for more levels, in-game gear shop, and avatar customisation via the Companion app for starters.

7 Likes

Would be great to have course details in the companion app… Distance, elevation etc.

23 Likes

Rather technical question: Are there plans or is it even possible to increase the sampling rate for power readings (to more than 1/sec)?

Love the update, btw!
It contains so many small details I was wondering about for so long.

1 Like

Like the new bike! Not very aerodinamic but with style… :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

When looking at events page can you please add the distance to initial screen. Sometime have no idea on length for whole event. It only ever says number of laps. Otherwise can’t wait for a ride tonight. Spooky!! :man_zombie:

26 Likes

New to zwift. Loving it so far. Would be nice to have a graphic like on the companion app showing watts range…keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Yes, agreed, would be really useful to always see the event distance.

23 Likes

A change that we think many Zwifters who’ve been around a while will enjoy? We’d like to be able to level-up beyond level 25! Did I guess it? :slight_smile:

16 Likes

A filter to find women’s events in the companion app would be great

13 Likes

NYC is great but please add atlease one flat course of medium length. Flat courses are most used for, Group Rides, Racing, and for individual rides. The hilly courses and rolling hills courses are great but there is a huge need for a flatter course like the Flat Volcano course. Thanks

20 Likes

Would be nice if we can go further than level 25.
Stucked there for months …

9 Likes

Agreed. Some idea of average time or distance on race events, not just laps would help a lot when you pressed for time and want to be sure you will be able to finish event.

16 Likes

Id like to see a few small changes.
Add the grade icons (ABCD) to the list of zwifters on companion app. Just like on screen but longer list.
Id also prefer when i sign up for a C grade race we dont get mixed in with a another grade right out the gate. I lose some riders hanging onto higher grade

4 Likes

Agree with adding flat courses. Would be great options for people returning to cycling or even when you just want to turn the legs for an hour and don’t want to go through hills

11 Likes

Thanks so much for the option to mute title music.

13 Likes

Apple keyboard support… Please :blush:

3 Likes

Would love if it was world selector on log in but I think ‘the shop’ is more likely :grin:

7 Likes

Please, please, PLEASE add a direction indicator below the altitude profile on the in-game map. It was annoying before, Nd it gets maddening in NY, when bouncing among the routes, it’s very difficult to know which direction one is riding across the elevations. When riding tired, it is difficult to keep track of the switches between left and right on the altitude profile!

19 Likes