Game Update - May 19th, 2021

Hey Zwifters, there is a new game update available which includes a number of improvements and fixes.

The update is available for download now for PC and Mac. The Android, Apple TV and iOS versions will appear in the app store soon.

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update to get access to all the latest features.

Introducing a New World

• Say hello to a brand new world with all new roads! Available as a guest world starting on May 20 at 4 a.m. UTC (May 19 9 p.m. PDT / May 20 Midnight EDT), you’ll find a new land that rumbles with the spirit of competition and adventure. —You’ll want your game updated for this one!

Content

• Added the Bridgestone RS9s bike.
  • Added Roval Rapide CLX Wheelset.
  • Added new Workout of the Week workouts.
  • Added the Voxwomen Tour 2021 workouts (three in total).
  • TrainingPeaks users can now sync workouts built with duration and percentage of threshold pace.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Numerous cycling and running assets (kits, shirts, etc.) have been added or updated.
  • Fixed a bug which could cause podcast audio to fail to play on iOS / AppleTV devices.
  • Fixed bugs that would cause workout information to appear in the wrong place when completing multiple activities in a single session.
  • Fixed a bug that would prevent Wattbike users from seeing the Wattbike kit in game.
  • Fixed a bug causing UI to not be visible in Repack Ridge when riding a KICKR Bike.
  • Fixed a naming issue with the ZIPP 353 wheelset in the drop shop and garage.
  • Fixed typos in workouts for Zwift Academy Tri 2020.
  • Fixed a bug causing the wrong textures to be used for wheels in the drop shop.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause misalignment between the rear wheel and the bike frame in the drop shop.
  • Fixed bugs where “Event is Starting”, “CALORIES”, and “ADD A TARGET” text was not localized.
  • Fixed a crash for ANT+ users with Elite devices.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed users to set their name as a simple space character.
  • Fixed a bug on Android where some Bluetooth UI text was not properly localized.
  • Fixed a bug causing some objects to appear in places where they should not.
  • Fixes a bug causing Road Feel to not work correctly for Tacx Neo 2T trainer users.
  • Fixed a bug for Zwifters using Zwift Companion device pairing when returning to the home screen.
  • Fixed a bug causing invisible riders and runners on the Figure 8 route in Watopia.
  • Reduced the memory usage of in-game leaderboards.
  • Fixed a crash for Zwifters using a CompuTrainer

If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.

See you in Watopia, Ride On! :ride_on:

[Version 1.13.1 Update May 25 2021]

• Fixed a number of artwork issues in the new Makuri Islands world.
  • Fixed a crash in some situations where Zwifters would move between worlds after an event.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause an Event Leader to crash when sending messages to the group.
  • Fixed a crash on Mac that would cause the game to fail to load after logging in.
  • Fixed a crash on logout for clients using Japanese language.
  • Fixed a bug where Event Sweeper messages were not seen after the event has started.

[Version 1.13.2 Update June 2 2021]

• Fixed a crash at the end of an activity for Japanese Language users.
  • Fixed a bug where Makuri Island segments were displaying an incorrect distance for segment leaderboards.
  • Apple TV: Added support for high resolution graphics on Apple TV 4k (2021 version).
  • Apple iPad: Fixed a bug causing a black screen on iPad Pro (2021 model).
  • Android: Fixed a bug where Makuri Island terrain textures were missing when Zwifting on a Google Pixel C tablet.
93 Likes

Will they ever increase the levels beyond 50?

The most loyal, long-time customers don’t appear to matter.

41 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: macOS problems with new update? [1.13.0] [May 19 2021]

Our post about the update. Includes map shots of each of the 8 routes, plus some in-game shots to whet your appetite (Yumezi looks yumazing!) Also includes a bit of info/graphics on the new wheels and frame and workout.

To read more

16 Likes

Hopefully this will fix the erratic leaderboards we’ve been dealing with for the last several months. They were still fu … less than optimal this morning so we’ll know shortly…

1 Like

Ah, the ubiquitous new bugs in the monthly Bugdate.

3 Likes

@Wes, did you add support for the Wahoo direct connect thingy yet?

9 Likes

Mac users - if you’re having issues with this update - please join us on this separate thread.

1 Like

PC Update issues: The app stops the moment I accept the new update. Cannot Zwift anymore.
I tried uninstalling and re-installing the whole app, but no good. Nothing in the local logs.
Zwift turned itself into a brick :frowning:

8 Likes

No fix for the Wahoo Kickr Firmware 4.2.1 or 4.2.2 nerfing the whole setup or is that their fault?

5 Likes

@Dan_N_Maschine
Shuji at Zwift HQ here. Was looking at your logs on the server end, and noticed that you were able to log in and log out some time after you posted this using the latest version of the game app v1.0.70425.

Would you confirm that this issue cleared up for you?

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: New world segments showing 0 for distance and grade [1.13.0] [May 19 2021]

I logged in using my phone. That worked fine.

On the PC i was able to fix it by uninstalling the app, deleting the left folder and reinstalling.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for closing the loop. We like to hear that it worked on your PC.

2 Likes

Here is my post with some of my initial thoughts on the new world, some pictures and extra information about the update. Feel free to check it out. Here is the link if you are interested: https://www.pursuitcyclingforkids.com/2021/05/zwift-may-2021-update-released-its-big.html

Unrelated to this specific post but do you know when we will be able to create meetups in this world?

2 Likes

This is easily the best looking work Zwift has done so far. The world seems more alive than others. People working in fields, boars running around, deer and squirrels going about their business. A lot of work has gone into making something visually unlike anywhere else on Zwift. Even the “built up” areas are more rustic, and nothing like as slab-like as most of Zwift’s more urban estates.

I like.

13 Likes

Really excited to check it out, but why… WHY do you keep adding guest worlds we can’t visit whenever we like? Other than Zwift there isn’t a single video game that won’t let you play a level because you had the nerve to log in on a Tuesday.

I’ve barely ridden in France because it’s simply never available on days I ride. In fact with the new world taking up the last 2 weeks in may there’s been only a single day in May that the second-newest world has been rideable. What was the point in all the time spent developing France in the first place?

I pay a subscription fee to ride in whatever world I feel like whenever I feel like it.

And yes I know about the workaround, but by definition a workaround is a way of bypassing a major bug or poor software design, not a feature.

15 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: macOS problems with new update? [1.13.0] [May 19 2021]