Game Update - April 21st, 2021

Hey Zwifters, there is a new game update available which includes a number of improvements and fixes.

The update is available for download now for PC and Mac. The Android and iOS/Apple TV versions should appear in the app store soon.

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update to get access to all the latest features.

Hide Display Mode

• Ever wanted to experience Zwift worlds in their most natural state? Get more immersed into the sights and sounds of the game, without the display? Well now you can with the simple press of a button in game, and on in Zwift Companion.
  • Hide Display Mode can be activated in most situations in Zwift, with a few exceptions. Zwifters cannot Hide the Display in workout mode (solo or group) or turn the display ON for “Hide the Display” event types.
  • To Hide the Display, simply press the H key if your keyboard is nearby, or use the action bar in Zwift Companion or in game and tap the new Hide Display button.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Numerous cycling and running assets (kits, shirts, etc.) have been added or updated.
  • Fixed an issue with some road decals going missing in Watopia and London.
  • Added the AMD Radeon RX 6800 series to the list of 4k compatible video cards.
  • Added a retry function for PC and Mac when saving your activity fails for some reason.
  • Created a new workout category for running named Distance Based workouts.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause trainer difficulty to fail to reset after participating in an event with a minimum trainer difficulty value set.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause steering to be disabled in events with the steering only value set.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the Wattbike gear display to show the wrong gear.
  • Fixed a bug with Pace Partner UI where the wrong route would be shown.
  • Fixed a bug with the Steering pairing UI where it would appear to be paired after unpairing a smart bike.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause riders in Richmond to go off road.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause some player names to appear as NVALID.
  • Fixed a bug where the steering rating prompt would not appear for new riders on iOS and Android.
  • Fixed a bug where the Join Event button would not appear for some users when joining a steering only event without steering device connected.
  • Fixed a bug where riders in the event paddock would slide backwards.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause small groups to move erratically in group workouts.
  • Fixed a typo in the Resume Activity UI.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause some UI to appear behind the home screen when returning to home while fanviewing another Zwifter.
  • Fixed a bug causing some buttons to overlap in the End Activity screen.
  • Fixed a bug with the navigation UI when following a Pace Partner.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause screenshots from a previous activity to appear in the End Activity screen for your next activity.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause Meetup tiles in the Home screen to be shorter than they should be.
  • Fixed some typos in the TT Tune Up workouts.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause some riders to crash when crossing the finish line in Zwift Racing League events.

If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.

See you in Watopia, Ride On! :ride_on:

[Version 1.12.1 Update May 5 2021]

• Fixed a bug that would cause steering on Wahoo KICKR Bikes to no longer work as expected.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause Zwifters to fail to receive Ride Ons at the beginning of their activities.
  • Fixed a bug that would allow any users to equip the Zwift Academy Tri paint job even if they did not complete Zwift Academy Tri.
61 Likes

Here is a post with images and other interesting things I noticed from the update. Link: https://www.zwiftforkids.com/2021/04/zwift-april-update-released.html

3 Likes

It appears that this update also includes an updated launcher (at least on Windows) - does that address the Error 400/403/404/Forbidden startup error bug?

15 Likes

The enforced new launcher is notably less smooth during the game on PC.

A post describing the Hide Display mode in a little more detail is here.

6 Likes

To be transparent: the new launcher app included with 1.12.0 was developed before the Error 400/403 bug came up recently, so it does not specifically fix that bug. We’re still working on it, and if you are running into that, please join us on this thread.

2 Likes

Doesn’t appear to be on the Google Play store as of yet? Last update shows Mar 20, 2021

1 Like

God I hope so, had to totally uninstall & reinstall a couple of days ago because of this.

1 Like

@Leonidas_IceBear_Po
Android / iOS / Apple TV versions have not dropped yet. Keep an eye on the What’s the Latest Version thread, where we announce when it has.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for giving details of exactly what has been fixed. Rather that just saying ‘bug fixes’

12 Likes

Just to confirm, this update does not address the known Intel integrated graphics game-freeze bug, correct? Is there any timeline on a fix for this?

10 Likes

Thanks for all the work going into this platform. :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Cannot get runs to sync with Strava/Apple fitness.

Thanks so much for the hide/unhide toggle! I can keep up with stats on the companion app on the handlebars and enjoy the scenery around me in Zwift worlds. Simple difference, perhaps, but it’s a big leap towards the experience in the bike, in this regard. Cheers!

8 Likes

Is there plans to bring this to iOS and Android in the future?
It’s happened to me once a month ago where I lost the ride due to a WiFi issue.
So if it fails to upload, I can restarted the router, and try the upload again.

Update is very laggy on my older MacBook that used to be fine.

2 Likes

My PC running windows 10 won’t run Zwift after this update. It worked fine before. It say that the server isn’t responding and the page cannot be found. :frowning:

2 Likes

See here: Internal Server Error 400 / 403 (Clear your browser) - #184 by Dave_ZPCMR

Always grateful for updates but a bit sad that workouts don’t get the hide hud option :frowning: if the companion is active then I can see what I need to see, free riding will be much nicer though without the hud

3 Likes