Game Update 1.22.1 - February 14th, 2022

Hey Zwifters, we have released version 1.22.1 of the game client, which includes a number of new features, improvements and bug fixes.

The update is available for download now on all supported platforms (PC, Mac, Android, iOS and Apple TV).

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update to get access to all the latest features.

New Features and Content

• Added two new routes to Neokyo.
    Chasing the Sun is a 25km (15.5 mi) route climbing 314.8 meters (1033ft) in total, awarding an achievement badge and 690XP.
    Electric Loop is an 8.9km (5.5 mi) route climbing 41.7m (137ft) in total, awarding an achievement badge and 170XP.
  • Added 4 new Workouts of the Week.
    Feb 14th-20th: Bahati Foundation Workout
    Feb 21st-27th: Maize Wimbush’s Windup
    Feb 28th - Mar 6th: The Bernal
    Mar 7th-13: Kristin Armstrong - A Gentle Reminder

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Increased the Workout FTP Bias range from +/- 10% to +/- 25%.
  • Individual workouts in Zwift’s most popular cycling training plans (Build Me Up, Pebble Pounder, and Gran Fondo) are now available on-demand.
  • Flexible Training Plan Workouts now unlock at 12:01am on Monday.
  • Connectivity alerts will immediately disappear when the issue is resolved and will only remain on screen for 60 seconds if the issue remains unresolved.
  • Added a label above the Challenges UI in the pause menu to help Zwifters find their Challenges.
  • Fixed an issue where an invalid day would be selected in the date of birth UI in certain situations.
  • Fixed an issue where the date of birth change would not be saved if unit of measure is changed before saving.
  • Fixed an issue where the save button would not work when updating run paces in the Zwifter profile.
  • Fixed an issue where suggested run paces would be saved even if the Zwifter cancels the change.
  • Fixed an issue causing XP to be awarded for certain skipped workout blocks.
  • Fixed an issue causing certain workout blocks to appear invisible in the Workout Editor.
  • Fixed an issue with the gradient display in London when riding in the countryside.
  • Fixed an issue causing activity title changes to not properly sync with 3rd party partner sites.
  • Fixed an issue with some segment times not being displayed correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where Pace Partner pace would be truncated.
  • Fixed an issue causing all running Pace Partners to show Category A.
  • Fixed an issue causing bikes to spawn at a strange angle. All bikes will now spawn parallel to the road.
  • Fixed an issue causing riders to swerve in some situations on the Railways and Rooftops and Sprinters Playground routes in Neokyo.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed some runners to make a U-turn in an event.
  • Fixed an issue where some Zwifters would be stuck at “Finding Riders” when late joining an event.
  • Fixed an issue causing a dead end to appear in the Neokyo mini-map.
  • Fixed an issue causing flickering in certain parts of the Rooftop Rendezvous route.
  • Fixed an issue where the whale in Watopia was flickering between timelines. We’ve ensured they will now remain in the best timeline.
  • Fixed an issue with the SRAM RED 2021 rear derailleur being slightly underpriced, and a tad bit too light.
  • Updated the name of our famous pizza socks to actually be called Pizza Socks in the garage.

Update 1.22.3 - February 15th
We’ve released update 1.22.3 for MacOS. It contains the following fix.

• Fixed an issue that could cause some MacOS users to be unable to download the game update.

Update 1.22.4 - February 18th
We’ve released update 1.22.4 for all platforms. It contains the following fix.

• Improved crash logging

If you encounter anything unusual with this update, please post in the thread below.

See you in Watopia, Ride On! :ride_on:

99 Likes

With this game release, we’re rolling out the first phase of Training Plan workouts on demand. Please check out this dedicated discussion about this here.

7 Likes

Woohoo! :smiley:

24 Likes

Hello. Atv cra
sh on AdZ fixed??? Sill missing Data . . .

4 Likes

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Increased the Workout FTP Bias range from +/- 10% to +/- 25%.

Interested to know the logic behind this one. Glad the London gradient is fixed. I think there’s probably enough Neokyo routes now. Hopefully Watopia will get some love again soon.

12 Likes

Hi @Da_Shorty_2SM

Looking into your situation and noticed your Apple TV is on an older version of tvOS 15.0.0, please verify?

It may help to update the operating system to the latest version 15.3. Would you try that and report back if that solves it or not?

1 Like
  • Fixed an issue with the SRAM RED 2021 rear derailleur being slightly underpriced, and a tad bit too light.

Did I miss a feature allowing individual component upgrades?

27 Likes

Bugfixing and stabilizing is highly appreciated. And the upcoming changes will also absorb some effort; however, there are some threads indicating rising frustration, especially by longtime Zwifters (eg level 50+ requests, anti-sandbagging, etc). Not to mention some advanced features like displaying gear info for all smart bikes. Any plans for those topics?

11 Likes

Thanks for the info about the latest update. Please consider adding a feature that allows deletion of garage items. I have so many kit items I’ll never use. I’d love to be able to get rid of them. I like an uncluttered & organised garage! :laughing:

38 Likes

Eye spy with my little eye… five other, new badges not mentioned in the release notes! :star_struck:

Have I missed something, or are these four ‘rebel routes’ that now get us a badge, plus something gravelly? I can’t find them in the route selector in Watopia, so am guessing they’re not active yet…

23 Likes

Thank you for the information. I will make an update right away.

Ride on :+1:

1 Like

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

3 Likes

See How a Groupset Upgrade Slowed the Cervelo S5 2020 Frame on Zwift | Zwift Insider

Seems like this latest update might be part of sorting out part of this issue. Well, let’s hope it’s that rather than making it worse.

No, you can’t choose groupsets yourself, but each frame does come with a specific groupset.

1 Like

I am aware of that issue, it’s the pricing bit that got my attention.

3 Likes

Windows11 and BLE?

Any news on that?

7 Likes

P.S. I also miss the display of my maximum power: 944 watts from 12 Mar 2021since the update with the Pacemaker on Makuri Island.

1 Like

When will the dura ace bug be fixed? That killed the Dogma F and other bikes.

2 Likes

So does this mean the Cervelo is even slower now, did they add MORE weight to the groupset?

@Eric_Schlange_ZwftIn, time to test this frame again :melting_face:

5 Likes

For those running into installation problems on macOS Monterey BETA Builds, please join us on this thread: Zwift won’t install on macOS Monterey BETA v12.3 [February 2022]

Looking at these new routes in the companion app, setting up a club event, the elevation is pretty far off from what you are showing here @Wes

Chasing the sun: 21.8 mi and 1,032.8 ft of elevation
Electric Loop: 5.6 mi and 136.8 ft of elevation

So, which one is correct?

10 Likes