Game Update 1.21 - January 12th, 2022

Hey Zwifters, we have released version 1.21 of the game client, which includes a number of new features, improvements and bug fixes.

The update is available for download now on all supported platforms (PC, Mac, Android, iOS and Apple TV).

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update to get access to all the latest features.

New Features and Content

• Added the Wahoo Climbing Mission. The mission starts on January 24th and ends February 26th. Climb a total of 20,000 feet (6,096m), and unlock various in-game prizes as well as the opportunity to win IRL prizes from Wahoo.
  • Two new routes added to Neokyo in the Makuri Islands including the flat and fast ‘Twilight Harbor’ and ‘Castle to Castle’ which explores two of the island’s ancient castles.
  • Added new Workouts of the Week for January.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Made improvements to the automatic naming of activities.
  • Fixed an issue causing some text not to update when a new language was selected in the home screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the minimum year in the date of birth UI was not correct.
  • Fixed an issue causing a line to appear on the post-activity map when a Zwifter transitioned from a workout to an event.
  • Fixed an issue which would cause an unexpected solar eclipse, where the entire world was in a shadow of a much larger object.
  • Fixed an issue where the crankset for the Pinarello Dogma F was invisible.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Menu button to appear overtop of the Return to Me button when fanviewing another Zwifter.
  • Apple TV: Fixed an issue causing improper UI layout on the edit profile screen while the game was paused.
  • Fixed an issue causing all deer in the game to appear white.
  • Devices running Windows versions prior to Windows 10 are no longer supported.

Update 1.21.1 - January 18th
We’ve released update 1.21.1 for PC, Mac, iOS, Android and Apple TV. It contains the following fix.

• Apple TV and iOS: Fixed an issue that would cause the game to freeze while descending down Alpe du Zwift.
  • Other minor bug fixes and improvements.

Update 1.21.2 - January 21st
We’ve released update 1.21.2 for PC, Mac, iOS, Android and Apple TV. It contains the following change.

• Bug fixes and improvements to upcoming programs and events.

If you encounter anything unusual with this update, please post in the thread below.

See you in Watopia, Ride On! :ride_on:

105 Likes

For those who’ve had issues launching the Windows version of the app - please check this thread for good news.

4 Likes

About time, glad it finally happened.

6 Likes

Windows 7 and Win8 users will see this message

3 Likes

Any idea/ETA when the new crankset issues (making bikes slower) will be fixed? or this will not be addressed leaving as an added game feature, just wondering?

12 Likes

Please tell me it fixed the bug where the screen froze at the start on the downhill portion of Alpe de Zwift events (on ATV).

30 Likes

See Alpe du Zwift graphics glitch [December 2021] [SOLVED] - #50

2 Likes

Asking again to please move QUIT EVENT button to bottom RIGHT corner instead of directly on top of MENU. Please and thank you!!

PS - I thought the deer were supposed to be white :rofl::rofl: so mystical

27 Likes

I liked the Tron deer - another animal for Neokyo?:joy:

8 Likes

Apple tv does not update, it says latest version is 1.20.1 and not 1.21

2 Likes

Apple TV updates role out after pc I think - at least that used to be the case. But don’t quote me on that…

Great to see that there are some new routes in Neokyo! Just uploaded a video of the twilight harbor route too. Here is my post with a frequently update bugs list, my thoughts, images, and details on the new routes. Feel free to check it out here:

2 Likes

Solar Eclipse! Yes! And also loved the white spirit animals (aka Tron deer!) hehehe

4 Likes

Yeah, I think takes some time for the iOS, Apple TV and Android versions to come out

2 Likes

My Apple TV has the update in the App Store. Yours should be there soon, if it’s not already.

Caching in the App store can sometimes make these updates slow to appear. You can wait, or try power cycling your device to clear the cache.

What about blob diseappearing ???
This bug is always occuring during training…Everybody diseappear and you stay alone for 1 mn and when blob appears…you are dropped many seconds behind !!!
D. F

2 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering about these Albino Deers :deer: :thinking: for a while. Thought, there’s was something in the water…:point_left::rofl: Anyway, good news about 2 New Routes at Makuri/Neokyo Map. This Z-World :earth_americas: expended significantly lately…Ride On :bangbang::slightly_smiling_face::+1:

4 Likes

@Didier_FERRIBY when that happens it is, most likely, an issue with your device dropping the internet connection for a period of time. You might need to check that, or hardwire the device on which you are running Zwift.

4 Likes

Please add support for Kickr Direct Connect

18 Likes