Game Update - June 15th, 2021

Hey Zwifters, we have released an update that includes a number of improvements and fixes.

The update is available for download now on all supported platforms (PC, Mac, Android, iOS and Apple TV).

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update to get access to all the latest features.

Route Improvements

• We have updated the route selection UI to more accurately reflect the route total distance and elevation, including the lead-in for the route.
  • Routes now have a checkmark icon indicating if the Zwifter has received the Route Achievement Badge for that route.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Improved steering when drafting in a large group to make it easier to assimilate into the pack and hold a draft.
  • Improved steering collision to allow riders to ride shoulder to shoulder and move riders into the pack when no steering input is given.
  • Updated the Wahoo Kickr Bike button input. The right top brake hood now triggers Powerup from the upper button and U-turns from the lower button.
  • Added Bluetooth pairing support for the Wahoo Tickr.
  • Improved the PC Zwift Launcher update experience.
  • Numerous cycling and running assets (kits, shirts, etc.) have been added or updated.
  • The exit button on the Home menu updates to read “Exiting…” during the shutdown process on Mac and PC.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause riders to swerve into the center of some roads.
  • Fixed an issue that would prevent PowerUps from being awarded randomly on Mac, iOS, and ATV.
  • Fixed an issue that would not unlock the sock reward for completing the Back to Fitness training plan.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause text to extend past the Event Audio volume slider box.
  • Made visual improvements to the scenery on Makuri Island.
  • Fixed an issue that would improperly display the Makuri Island lap leaderboard in the Countryside Tour route.
  • Fixed an issue where the incorrect jersey text would appear after winning a Temple KOM in Makuri Islands.
  • Fixed an issue where paved roads were incorrectly kicking up dirt in Makuri Islands. cough
  • Fixed an issue with the spindown calibration reporting incorrect speed when set to metric units for JetBlack and Elite trainers.
  • Ended support for Zwift on MacOS Yosemite 10.10 devices. For more information please visit Ending support for macOS v10.10 [June 2021].

[Update 6-21-2021 - Game version 1.14.1]
We just released a small patch for this release to address a few issues. This update is now available for PC, Mac, Android, iOS and Apple TV.

• Fixed a bug causing the Kickr Bike steering to no longer work.
  • Fixed a bug with the new Kickr Bike U-turn and power up button functionality.
  • Fixed a bug causing Zwift to crash during launch on MacOS 10.11 devices.

If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.

See you in Watopia, Ride On! :ride_on:

49 Likes

We have a separate thread showing the details of the improved UI. Join us over there if you’d like to see what it looks like

2 Likes

Looking forward to trying out the new route selection UI! I have just finished my article about the update including some images and my thoughts. Feel free to check it out through this link: https://www.pursuitcyclingforkids.com/2021/06/zwift-update-releasedjune-2021.html.

3 Likes

Thank you for your hard work bringing us updates !
Is there an eta for the kickr dircon implementation :slight_smile:

7 Likes

More importantly than many of the minor bug fixes listed above…will Zwift work yet (ie not crash mid-ride) on a standard unmodified ‘out of the box’ Microsoft Surface Laptop 3??

…and if so can you detail how you have established this fact; ie what testing have you done?

Do you have a planned update to support the Wahoo Kickr v5 direct connect Ethernet device?

9 Likes

Nice update and a good sensible way to show the route completion status.

9 Likes

The 10th gen cpu with onboard gpu has a known bug in the gaming world. Intel is believed to work on the issue.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Crashes on macOSX 10.11 El Capitan? [1.14.0] [June 2021]

That was a firm ‘no change’ in regard to the Kickr DIRCON in this update when I asked yesterday. :cry:

4 Likes

If you are KICKR Bike owner reporting issues with steering please join us on this thread: KICK Bike Steering Issues [1.14.0] [June 2021]

A post was merged into an existing topic: KICK Bike Steering Issues [1.14.0] [June 2021]

Very curious why they aren’t. The tech side should be easy, but then you never know…

Same for me…

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Funky bike shadows after update [1.14.0]

First of all: thanks for constantley improving Zwift and adding features highly requested in various posts in this forum.

Since 3.5 weeks I cannot use my Zwift account because of crashes during login - also with 1.14.0.
Obviously this issue is not solitaire; game updates and events remain worthless, if the platform cannot be used. Since two weeks I am waiting of a response from Tier3 support and I am wondering when this will happen @shooj?

1 Like

Awesome improvements! I look forward to the future of this platform. Good going Zwift!

Woo-hoo! Thank you!