Hey Zwifters, the team has released a game update which includes a number of improvements and fixes.
The update is available for download now for PC, Mac and Android and will appear in the Apple App store for iOS and Apple TV soon.
If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update to get access to all the latest features.
- The drop multiplier range for Pace Partners will now increase as the size of the group increases. This should make it easier to keep your drop multiplier while navigating large packs following the Pace Partners.
- Lower level Zwifters will now be able to follow a Pace Partner into level locked areas of Watopia.
- Wahoo KICKR Bike owners can now steer in Repack Ridge.
- Added a new Time Crunched workout category. This category contains 10 cycling workouts, including 4 new workouts, of 30 minutes or less.
- Added the GCN Zero to Hero workout series which consists of a 7 week program to make you stronger in the off season.
- Added The Norseman workouts which include 6 cycling and 6 running workouts.
- Improvements have been made to the FTP Builder workouts to correct erroneous timing and interval data.
- Added the Colnago V3Rs frame to the drop shop.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Numerous cycling and running assets (kits, shirts, etc.) have been added or updated.
- Improved our client versioning to make it easier for users to know what version they are using. Now Zwift client versions will be expressed with a version number (such as 1.10.0) along with a build number in parenthesis.
- Added an error message when a user is trying to join an event on a route that their current game client does not support. This typically happens when new Zwift worlds are released but users log in with older game clients.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the wrong stage to appear as complete for programs such as Tour de Zwift.
- Fixed a bug that would cause over steering on Repack Ridge when the game framerate was low.
- Fixed a bug causing the ground to appear misaligned at the top of the Epic KOM (Earthquakes in Watopia apparently are a thing).
- Fixed a bug that would cause users to do a u-turn or donuts.
- Fixed a bug that would cause names to appear incorrectly in the Riders Nearby list.
- Fixed a bug with the thumbnail of the Super League Community running shirt.
- Fixed a bug that would cause iOS and TVOS clients to crash on rare occasion.
- Fixed a bug where bike frame star ratings would not render correct within the window.
- Removed the app notification badge when Bluetooth notifications are triggered on mobile devices.
We’ve rolled out a hotfix for this update to fix a bug that would cause usernames containing brackets to be truncated in the Riders Nearby list.
If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.
See you in Watopia, Ride On!