Hey Zwifters, we have just released a new update with a number of new content additions, improvements and fixes. This update is available now for PC, Mac, Android. Updates for iOS and Apple TV should be available in the coming hours.
Here’s what the team has cooked up this month:
New Missions and Programs for May
The Tour for All (May 4th-30th)
Join the Tour For All and come together with the Zwift Community to support Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in their response to COVID-19.
CeramicSpeed Cycling Mission (May 1st-31st)
Unlock the CeramicSpeed cycling kit and a chance to win a CeramicSpeed OSPW derailleur by riding the target distance on OSPW enhanced Road, MTB and Tri/TT bikes.
Goodr I.P.A. Running Mission (May 1st-31st)
This mission challenges Zwifters to run 3 different workout types: one interval workout session, one pace group run, and one “altitude” or hill workout session to complete the mission. Completing all three workouts unlocks some sweet Goodr shades and a contest entry to win the real thing.
- Added 8 new under 60 minute cycling workouts
- Added 16 new run workouts (several are offered at both 30 and 60 minute variations), for runners who want to get a good run in, and have less than 60 minutes to spare."
- Factor One is available in the Drop Shop once you reach level 8
- Ridley Noah Fast is available in the Drop Shop once you reach level 9
- Boost Mode is a new event type that will allow users to charge a boost (with their own watts of course) and then discharge that boost at a time that’s right for them. This mode will be exclusively available in a limited number of FutureWorks Club Jarvis events as we test, tune and tweak the experience.
- Added a new experimental event mode that lets you experience the sights and sounds of Zwift in its most pure form. This event mode will be exclusively tested within FutureWorks Club Jarvis events
- Added support for unique bib numbers for riders and runners in specific events
- Added numerous event arches and kits for major events in May
- Fixed an issue where Meetup riders would not receive a powerup when passing through a sprint, KOM or lap arch
- Fixed a bug related to events that could cause some lone riders to achieve ludicrous speeds
- Improvements to Apple TV pairing
- Upgrades to the anti-sandbagging logic used for some races
- Added the GeForce GTX 1650 to the ULTRA graphics profile group
- Lots of smaller bugs across all platforms
If you’re riding or running in an event in Zwift, please be sure to log in a few minutes early to give time to download and apply the patch before your event starts. If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.
Stay Safe and Ride On!
The team has released a new version of the PC, Mac and Android clients to address some critical issues that were reported soon after releasing this update. The fixes are:
- Fixed a bug that was making it impossible for some riders to draft others in events
- Fixed a bug that caused some riders to ride at speeds faster than expected in events
- Made a change to how event rules are processed which could cause a decrease in frame rate on the Ride/Run screen for some users
In addition, we’ve submitted a new version for iOS and Apple TV users to fix the invisible derailleur issue. Fixes for the items above will be available for iOS and Apple TV next week.