Game Update - June 12th, 2020

Hello Zwifters!

A small patch was just released for the Zwift game client to tidy up a few things. The update is available for download now for PC, Mac and Android and will appear in the Apple App store for iOS and Apple TV soon.

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update.

Here’s a list of the bug fixes and improvements for this release.

• Fixed a crash caused by the new Streamroller PowerUp, sorry if that flattened you.
  • Fixed a crash for some Mac users that would occur during a Zwift Beta Event.
  • Fixed a bug where Keep Together Meetups and Group Workouts were not being kept together.
  • Improved Logging and Analytics for Bluetooth dropouts on Mac, iOS and Apple TV.
  • The Unemployed achievement is now renamed to Working from Home.
  • Modified the way we handle user flagging for specific account types.

If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.

See you in Watopia, Ride On! :ride_on:

14 Likes

hopefully the keep together fixed the ‘drunken’ bobbing and weaving in group workouts. :wink: Thank you!

5 Likes

The changed we made were not related to zPower riders being removed from races.

1 Like

Anything in the pipeline to help manage following and follower lists? Would be good to be able to do a large scale tidy up and that’s not possible without any sensible ordering or filters.

4 Likes

So, What is related to?

We fixed rubber band but we broke ability to join meet up after saying “not yet” once. Have to restart game

2 Likes

We also broke eta counter for segments

@Wes: Why, oh why, does Zwift continue to put out updates on Fridays?? Try doing them on a Monday, instead, so that Zwift has a few days to fix what the update breaks before the weekend hits.

16 Likes

What platform, world, and segments are you missing the ETA counter on?

iOS. Richmond cobble stones route, first hill. The counter was saying 379 eta which I have no idea what it means. When I finished or said 227. Is it in seconds? It was inside of a meet up if that matters.

1 Like

That one always counts in seconds for some reason.

Got thank you

I don’t see anything in patch notes regarding this, but the Garmin Cadence and Speed sensor is working perfectly now. Before today, cadence was locked to -69 RPM. THANK YOU - Great job!

Is a “Group Workout” the same as a group ride?
Does this update fix the problem where your avatar would lurch drunkenly all over the road?

4 Likes

Does anybody know if they’ve fixed the issue with the atom gear change display yet? Ie if you connect via b/t pc it gives you the display but no resistance, if you go through the bt via companion app you get the resistance but no gear display.
I remember someone saying it was to do with the latest Windows updates.
Thanks

App still crashes on apple TV. Within a minute of loading a route or event. This has been a known issue for a while now :frowning:

Thank you Wes, Keep Everyone Together is a good tool for group riders

@Mike_Hargreaves_PACK: What sort of issues are you having with ATV? I use ATV for Zwift and have not had any issues. Does this happen every time you use it, or just in specific situations?

@Nigel_Tufnel the app crashes after a few seconds once a route is loaded or in the start pen’s of an event. I’ve not had problems for about 3 years but the apps been unusable since the May update.