Game Update - October 27th, 2020

Hello Zwifters. I’m subbing in for Wes as he gets a day off, expect to see him again next update. A small update just dropped to address a couple of important issues and do a little more prep for Halloween.

The update is available for download now for PC, Mac and Android and will appear in the Apple App Store for iOS and Apple TV soon.

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update and get access to all the latest features.

Content

• Updated the Halloween surprises. Keep an eye out for them shortly.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Fix for an issue where the Zwift game app could freeze for extensive periods of time if the user experiences a network drop while transitioning from Pairing to Drop In screen
  • Android: Fix for an ANT+ related crash

If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.

Haunt you in Watopia, Ride On! :ride_on:

8 Likes

Pairing through the ZCA is now fixed.

4 Likes

With the update I now get 16 XP points per KM even though the display says +20.
(400 points for 25 KM.)
I tried a short ride, after 5 KM I had 80 points I then stopped at 6 KM and got 100 points and that’s not 20 or even 16 per KM

1 Like

Photo screenshots upload does not seem to be working. No Halloween Dinosaur screenshots where uploaded even though I selected them to be uploaded.

1 Like

The what?

1 Like

Steve, for Halloween Zwift has added a few more pacer bots and one of them is Darwin Dino, if you ride with him you are awarded a bit of Dinosaur costume every 15 minutes. I did manually upload a screenshot to Strava Follow Andy on Strava to see this activity. Join for free. but Zwift has stopped automatically uploading them even though it takes the photo.

1 Like

My ZWIFT cannot be updated automatically, it will close ZWIFT directly, is there any way to solve it, my device is WINDOWS 10

2 Likes

I’ve had luck with this by navigating to the program Zwift folder and right-clicking on Zwiftapp.exe and running as Administrator.

The Android companion app won’t connect with Zwift running on a PC.
Thus I don’t a live map and data on the Android and I can’t use Find Zwifters
by name to get a live display of that rider. It worked before this release.

1 Like

Curious? Are getting flat tires part of the Halloween update? I rode through he Italian Village last night and hit the dirt section going toward the volcano and suddenly slowed down almost to a stop. I could only manage 5mph. I went to the garage via my menu and swapped out wheels and away I went normally.
For giggles I did a lap around the volcano and hit that dirt road again to climb back through the village and it did it again!!
Has anyone experienced this? It was kinda funny but…

Different road surfaces have different rolling resistance and can effect your in-game speed.

Not this bad! I’ve hit that section more times than I can count.
Pushing 300 watts and only doing 5mph on a flat road?
Shenanigan’s I tell you! :slight_smile:

Are these new Halloween bots supposed to be pulling U turns up the Epic KOM? I really hope that is a bug and not by design, unless you don’t want anyone to get the costume.

Its hard enough trying to crawl up the kom at 2.5 w/kg without getting to far ahead, then they pull a u turn and all of a sudden you are 30 meters ahead and out of range. Pretty stupid… :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Hello Zwift

I also have not had screenshot uploads in windows since October 22 update. My screenshots are stored on Onedrive. It was working before this update.

After Update:
[15:31:50] Unable to upload ! File not found!

Before Update:

[12:08:00] Uploading C:\Users\Maggie\OneDrive\Pictures\Zwift/2020-10-15_1204506_clean.jpg…

[12:08:00] NETCLIENT:[INFO] Activity Image Upload: load image file from path C:\Users\Maggie\OneDrive\Pictures\Zwift/2020-10-15_1204506_clean.jpg

[12:08:00] NETCLIENT:[INFO] Activity Upload: image file is length 829515

Maggie

My Apple Watch Zwift HRM is still connected form this mornings ride, any ideas? Only happened today was fine yesterday & iPad & iPhone Zwift apps switched off as well.

1 Like

Caitlin Cosmic’s pace seemed to vary a great deal from 1.1 to 3.7.

1 Like

Well, that sounds interesting :joy:

Why don’t u take a screenshot???

Using the Saris H3 trainer I kept dropping my Bluetooth connection, sometimes for a few seconds, often for more than a minute. This disrupts the flow of my workout. Not sure if it’s secondary to the trainer or the new update, but noticed more than a few riders by the side of the road…