Game Update - April 14th, 2020

Happy Tuesday Zwifters, we have a small update for you today to tidy up a few things. This update is available now for PC, Mac, Android and will be available on iOS and Apple TV in the coming hours.

This update includes:

• Numerous performance improvements for users during and right after large events.
  • Improvements to the new world choice UI.
  • Fixed up a web link in the Parlee Mission.
  • Add new assets for upcoming events (arches, jerseys).

If you’re planning to join one of the many events available in Zwift, please be sure to log in a few minutes early to ensure you can download and apply the patch before your event starts. If you happen to hit any snags with this update, please post in the thread below and the team will investigate.

Ride On! :ride_on:

21 Likes

When will rowing be available?

11 Likes

Yes waiting for rowing.

9 Likes

+1 for rowing :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks for the update.

I would like to see an option to allow the usage of Ant+ shared devices when using Zwift companion as source of accessory connections.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 which can be paired with Bluetooth and Ant+ accessories, works great when using Zwift directly on the phone, but can’t use this connection protocol via Zwift companion app while running Zwift game on my Windows 10 PC.

Thanks for listening.

Andre.

1 Like

Have you tried getting an ANT+ dongle for the PC? They are pretty inexpensive. Get an extension usb cable too so it can be right next to your trainer.

5 Likes

Dude! Is the B&B jersey for sale IRL? Where can I get it? Cheers!

1 Like

How about next update you get rid of the + points during races, and instead give out actual power ups. Kind of aggravating riding through banners and seeing the + when you really need the aero for a sprint finish. Better yet … just get rid of them altogether and bring more realism to events.

2 Likes

I can’t say if this is new to this update, as it is not something I do regularly, but turning off group chat was not working tonight, on Android. At least I could swipe away the right panel, which also hid the constant chats.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Raining in the Underground

I did a group ride yesterday after updating.
It felt strange draughting in the blob. Almost impossible to hold position next to the beacon. Either flying forward and hitting the front or dropping backwards at a heck of a rate. I’m lvl30 and regularly do group rides.
It definitely felt different and more hectic after the update.
Anyone else experienced this?

1 Like

Can we get some update on why lots of modern Nvidia graphics cards are still being ignored for Ultra profile? Some of them like the GTX 1650 have been on the market for A YEAR now, it’s getting silly. Every 16xx and 20xx card is more than capable, this should be an straightforward one-time fix.

I acknowledge Apple TV and mobile/tablet is the big demographic but the game does still exist on PC, people investing in a system should be getting what they paid for, not unfairly held back by an recognition system only Zwift control.

6 Likes

Yes please, I want Ultra graphics for my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

4 Likes

Can’t you just change the INI to allow Ultra?

from what I understand this is controlled by Zwift

1 Like

While it’s controlled by Zwift, you can edit the config file for medium, high, etc. to reflect the same settings as Ultra.

Oh, yes I’ve done that, but it is still not the same as the ultra profile that Zwift controls, as far as I know.

Edit: copied from the zwiftinsider article - you can not unlock Ultra by changing the config files. The ultra profile is set by the graphics engine and can not be overridden. You can, however, turn some features on or off (if your GPU supports it) and increase or decrease the strength of certain effects such as generated scenery (foliage) and headlamp strength.

None of the config file changes below will increase or decrease the polygon count or detail level in textures. The level of detail is set by the game engine based on your system’s graphics capabilities and can not be overridden.

This is besides the point anyway, it’s not acceptable for customers to have to mess about with config files to try and get mass market components to work as they should. It’s Zwift’s problem.

2 Likes

another vote for rowing, or water sports in general. please consider that there are swimming and kayak/SUP Ergometers that are ANT+, we would love separate avatars for those!