Today we released an update to the game client which further sets the stage for the start of Zwift Academy (kicking off October 1st). In addition, the update includes a number of content additions for upcoming events and as always, bug fixes and improvements.
The update is available for download now for PC, Mac and Android and will appear in the Apple App store for iOS and Apple TV soon.
If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update and get access to all the latest features.
Missions and Programs
- Zwift Academy has arrived and this update delivers all the components for Zwift Academy Road, Run and Tri.
- Added or updated numerous kits across cycling and running.
- Updated Pace Partners to inform riders when they join or leave the range of a Pace Partner.
- Added Baby on Board workout collection consisting of shorter workouts for expectant moms or riders who are looking for a less intense, yet still motivating, workout.
Events and Meetups
- Added a filter to show (or hide) Zwift Academy events on the event list.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed a bug that caused route badges to not be awarded to riders who completed the Four Horseman and Uber Pretzel routes on Watopia.
- Fixed a bug that caused riders to swerve in steering disabled events when a steering device was paired.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause auto-paired steering devices to not work properly with steering in-game.
- Fixed a crash on MacOS 10.15 due to a folder permission issue. The OS will now prompt the user to update permissions when Zwift launches, and if permission is denied, Zwift will gracefully exit.
- Pace Partners will no longer win segment jerseys.
- Nailed down the remaining bugs with items floating in the air in some parts of the France map.
- Fixed a bug that caused AppleTV to report an incorrect number of paired BLE devices.
- Fixed issues on Android causing Repack Ridge dirt roads to improperly extend into the normal roads.
- Fixed a bug causing the DT Swiss ARC wheels to display both disc brake and rim brakes at the same time.
- Fixed a lighting issue in Yorkshire that would sometimes cause jerseys to have washed out colors.
- Updated numerous workouts to fix typos.
We have released a small patch for this release to fix two issues
- Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when moving into and out of range of a Pace Partner.
- Improved Pace Partner selection UI to sort available Pace Partners by category.
The patched version is available now for PC, Mac and Android and should be available soon for iOS and Apple TV devices
If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.
See you in Watopia, Ride On!