Game Update - September 28th, 2020

Hello Zwifters!

Today we released an update to the game client which further sets the stage for the start of Zwift Academy (kicking off October 1st). In addition, the update includes a number of content additions for upcoming events and as always, bug fixes and improvements.

The update is available for download now for PC, Mac and Android and will appear in the Apple App store for iOS and Apple TV soon.

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update and get access to all the latest features.

Missions and Programs

• Zwift Academy has arrived and this update delivers all the components for Zwift Academy Road, Run and Tri.

Content

• Added or updated numerous kits across cycling and running.
  • Updated Pace Partners to inform riders when they join or leave the range of a Pace Partner.
  • Added Baby on Board workout collection consisting of shorter workouts for expectant moms or riders who are looking for a less intense, yet still motivating, workout.

Events and Meetups

• Added a filter to show (or hide) Zwift Academy events on the event list.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed a bug that caused route badges to not be awarded to riders who completed the Four Horseman and Uber Pretzel routes on Watopia.
  • Fixed a bug that caused riders to swerve in steering disabled events when a steering device was paired.
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause auto-paired steering devices to not work properly with steering in-game.
  • Fixed a crash on MacOS 10.15 due to a folder permission issue. The OS will now prompt the user to update permissions when Zwift launches, and if permission is denied, Zwift will gracefully exit.
  • Pace Partners will no longer win segment jerseys.
  • Nailed down the remaining bugs with items floating in the air in some parts of the France map.
  • Fixed a bug that caused AppleTV to report an incorrect number of paired BLE devices.
  • Fixed issues on Android causing Repack Ridge dirt roads to improperly extend into the normal roads.
  • Fixed a bug causing the DT Swiss ARC wheels to display both disc brake and rim brakes at the same time.
  • Fixed a lighting issue in Yorkshire that would sometimes cause jerseys to have washed out colors.
  • Updated numerous workouts to fix typos.

UPDATE 10/05/2020
We have released a small patch for this release to fix two issues

• Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when moving into and out of range of a Pace Partner.
  • Improved Pace Partner selection UI to sort available Pace Partners by category.

The patched version is available now for PC, Mac and Android and should be available soon for iOS and Apple TV devices

If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.

See you in Watopia, Ride On! :ride_on:

100 Likes

Hi guys, I tried to access Events through the Zwift Companion App (after the latest Android update), to seek and book the Academy events, but I get a ‘Network Error’ message instead for both Cycling and Running. I could only access the one upcoming event showing in the Main Menu. No network issue exists from my side, and I rebooted my S10 just in case, still same result. Thought I should let you know. Keep up the great work, Zisis

21 Likes

Is there a list of what kits have been added to the game?

11 Likes

Hello. I have the same issue with the Companion update. Network error shows up when I try to access events.

10 Likes

Sneaky little Drops multiplying Pace Partners update… I see what you did there! Zwift Update Version 1.0.56270 Released | Zwift Insider

5 Likes

Update is rubbish and has not been debugged-just lost my three sisters badge due to a crash the first time I loaded this. PLEASE TEST BEFORE YOU INFLICT THIS ON PAYING CUSTOMERS. With Zwifts revenues this year there is no excuse for cutting corners. Ive never had a crash before-why update at all if the game is going to run worse.

13 Likes

Any update on the screwy rider list? Since the August 6 update, which said the time gaps in the list should be “significantly more accurate,” it’s been wildly inaccurate. Riders out of order (based on displayed time gap), gaps being way off (rider next to me showing 10 seconds back sometimes), and even riders not showing in the list at all.

I can’t help but think that these issues are also related to the inaccurate warnings from the fence, which was re-enabled in the same update.

16 Likes

With crashes after an update, I would suggest uninstalling and re-installing the app. In the rare occasion that I’ve had a crashing issue on Apple TV, that fixed it, like something got corrupted in the update process and forcing a ‘clean’ install got it right.

4 Likes

In the companion select any of filter turn it on. Then reset filters and the network error should disappear.

10 Likes

It is always a good idea to restart the pc after a update.

4 Likes

Hi,
Happy to be told I’m just having a bad day ,but, Immediately after the update on pc, I was in the zhr handicap race.
It seemed like there was no draft at all, no notifications to say close the gap 5m /2m away.
Half way through I(for the first time ever) switched to a TT bike and it made no noticeable difference, short of being quicker when I was on my own.

Happened to me too on Sunday. Suddenly the person behind me with +1 min appeared on the list with +0 seconds. This is something Zwift must address.

Also, wuth every update is harde and harder to sync the apple watch as a heart rate monitor with the companion app. Everytine i log in need to reset health preferences on my health app setting and reset bluetooth preferences so the app receives the signal from the apple watch.

4 Likes

The most exciting announcement for me outside of the Zwift Racing League :grin:

2 Likes

Hi

I got this on Android too , I went into Filters and clicked “reset filters” and it seemed to fix it and the new zwift academy filter appeared on the top

Not sure if this was a fluke

Cheers
Andy

4 Likes

Gotta get those peloton moms. #BabyMommasBeforeUI

7 Likes

Also fixed for me on android

There seem that the missing country flags are still not updated in the game, such a disappointment for such a basic feature. Zwift doesn’t really pay attention to customers. Why can’t you add the missing flag??? I wonder !!!

5 Likes

Hi guys. Same here, network error on events

1 Like

Thanks for my Fiji flag team :grinning:

2 Likes

Just clear your cache (or uninstall/reinstall) and you’ll be good to go