Game Update 1.15 - July 19th, 2021

Hey Zwifters, there is a new game client available today which includes a number of improvements and fixes.

The update is available for download now on all supported platforms (PC, Mac, Android, iOS and Apple TV).

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update to get access to all the latest features.

New Features and Content

• Added two new routes to Makuri Islands, Kappa Quest Reverse and Suki’s Playground. Kappa Quest Reverse is a ~9.1km (~5.7mi) route with a ~5.1km (~3.2mi) lead in with 141m (463ft) of climbing, while Suki’s Playground is an ~18.3km (~11.4mi) route with 149m (489ft) of climbing.
  • Added a new workout category, Athlete-Inspired. You can find all of our workouts inspired by Olympic athletes in this new category.
  • New workouts for the Zwift Workout of the Week.
  • Added two new bikes and one wheelset to the Drop Shop. The Specialized Aethos, Pinarello Dogma F and Roval Alpinist CLX Wheelset.

Feature Improvements

• Made improvements to pack dynamics to help riders keep a more consistent lateral position in the pack.
  • Made improvements to the Draft Lock logic which should minimize the likelihood that a rider will lose speed when colliding with riders.
  • Made numerous art improvements to Makuri Islands visuals.
  • Numerous cycling and running assets (kits, shirts, etc.) have been added or updated.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed an issue during a workout where multiple watts values were displayed incorrectly.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the MeetUp event box to appear smaller than it should.
  • Fixed an issue in the activity discard UI where button text would be missing in certain languages.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause riders to ride off course during a group ride on the Sprit Forest route.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause an activity map to show an incorrect path (very long line) when Zwifters moved between events, meetups and free rides in the same game session.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause audio from a previous event to continue to play (mainly impacts Podcast rides).
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the leaderboard for the Makuri Islands Flatland Loop to behave badly.
  • Fixed an issue with the Makuri Islands Country Sprint where riders would be incorrectly flagged as flyers.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause bike shadows to bend space and time, tearing a rift across multiple dimensions. The good news is, no events in the past were altered in such a way which would impact Marty’s ability to exist in the future.
  • Fixed an issue which would cause automatic screenshots to fail if taken in a meetup, event or workout.

Update 1.15.1 - July 27th. We’ve released a small patch for this version to address a few bugs including the following:

• Fixed an issue which would cause FIT files to not be saved correctly in some cases.
  • Fixed an issue which would cause a crash when saving an activity if you started your Zwift session by fan viewing another Zwifter.
  • Fixed an issue with workouts that would cause power targets to appear higher than they should during rest intervals.
  • Fixed an issue which would cause a paired smart trainer or power meter to prevent other devices from being successfully paired.

If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.

See you in Watopia, Ride On! :ride_on:

66 Likes

Awesome update! I’m gonna need these new route badges if I am going to level up! Here is my article on the update with images and information for the new bikes(which look awesome btw), routes, wheels, my thoughts on the update, and other content that was added, feel free to check it out: Zwift July 2021 Update Released - ZRace Central

2 Likes

Note for anyone who updated the other day but didn’t subsequently downgrade again: nothing will happen.

1 Like

This sounds rather interesting.

3 Likes

@Steve_Hammatt
We have a little more about the pack dynamic tweaks over on this thread. Let’s discuss over there after you’ve tried it?

2 Likes

@Oliver_ZRace_Central

We have a more detailed post about the new routes and the Yumezi Badge Hunt on this dedicated thead

1 Like

Does this mean my shadow bike will no longer disappear and the wheels will stop flip-flopping? I was just starting to kind of like it!

9 Likes

No Wahoo Kickr incorrect gradient fix? Is anyone else still having the issue where the Kickr is not doing the correct gradient on some rides? I’m using the V5.

9 Likes

Still can’t connect a smart trainer & power meter at the same time (Apple TV) :frowning:

This used to work fine until about a month ago.

When can we expect this to be fixed?

(Been reported in the bugs & support forum, [Power Meter and Smart Trainer | Simultaneous connection issue])

15 Likes

@Rob_Eason
Yes! The thread where the weird shadows were reported has been updated.

… so we get rid off the so called sticky draft that is very anoying and unrealistic? :flushed:

1 Like

In the other forum thread @shooj said it will not eliminate “sticky draft”

@Andreas_Fitz
Not exactly. Read this other thread for how this version tweaked the avatar movements within a pack.

No update, again, for the direct connect on the V5 Kicker. When will they get around to releasing this so that I don’t suffer bluetooth drop outs.

6 Likes

@Harvs
Thanks for your vigilance on that issue. We’re still identifying that one.

1 Like

Whew! I was worried - thank you!

4 Likes

Yep, same here on v4, had to downgrade kickr firmware

1 Like

Roll back firmware to 4.1.2 that fixes the problem for now.

2 Likes

My android update keeps crashing, is this happening to anyone else? I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled to see if that helped but it didn’t. Can anyone help?

I’m having the same issue with a kickr core