Hey Zwifters, we have released version 1.20 of the game client, which includes a number of new features, improvements and bug fixes.
The update is available for download now on all supported platforms (PC, Mac, Android, iOS and Apple TV).
If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update to get access to all the latest features.
New Features and Content
- Added two new routes to Watopia, Climbers Gambit and Legends and Lava. Routes include badges and are available for meetups.
- Added two new running training plans, tailored to those new to the sport or seeking a lighter training schedule. Get fast with the 5k Record Breaker Lite Flexible Training Plan and gain endurance with the 3 Run 13.1 Lite Flexible Training Plan.
- New items have been added to the Drop Shop:
- Chapter 2 TOA bike
- Cube Litening C:68X bike
- Novatec R4 Disc wheelset.
- Added new weekly workouts.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- A number of Neokyo visuals have been fixed or improved.
- The minimap for Neokyo now makes it clear which roads are available for Zwifters to ride or run.
- When nearing the end of a Meetup, the distance remaining value will transition to meters/feet to make it more clear exactly when the meetup ends.
- Removed the ability to bring up the pairing screen by clicking or tapping on the power, heart rate and cadence display box. (This causes your avatar to stop, which in most cases, isn’t ideal).
- Added more spawn points in Neokyo routes so Zwifters are less likely to spawn on top of other Zwifters.
- Added the ability for KICKR bike riders to disable steering.
- Updated text in the Back to Basics - To the Max workout.
- Updated the automatic screenshot system to be more likely to grab a screenshot for shorter activities.
- Fixed an issue causing some route lead-in and total distance information to be inaccurate for Neokyo routes.
- Fixed an issue which could cause Japanese text in the garage to appear incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue causing the total distance of a lap to be incorrect in the route selection screen.
- Fixed an issue with some Gravel Grinder Training Plan workouts which had incorrect cadence targets.
- Fixed an issue causing the workout completed date to appear as a long string of numbers on some devices.
- Fixed an issue that would cause riders to abruptly swerve on some Neokyo routes.
- Fixed an issue which would cause KICKR Bike riders to get pushed aside when riding in a pack.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent Zwifters from using both sides of a two lane road when transitioning from a road surface to dirt.
- Fixed an issue which would cause some audio to cut out in certain situations in large events and podcast rides.
- Fixed an issue with the Makuri Island minimap which did not properly show the tunnel between Yumezi and Neokyo.
- Fixed an issue with the Return to Original World dialog box when finishing a Group Workout.
- Fixed an issue where the Menu button and Return to Me button would overlap when Fan Viewing.
- Fixed an issue on Apple TV which would cause the button focus highlight to be visible in the profile settings screen when it shouldn’t be.
- Devices running MacOS versions prior to version 10.12 are no longer supported.
- Devices running iOS versions prior to iOS 12 are no longer supported.
Update 1.20.1 - December 30th
We’ve released update 1.20.1 for PC, Mac, iOS, Android and Apple TV. It contains the following fixes.
- Fixed an issue in group events for the Neokyo All-Nighter route which caused the event to end before the final arch.
- Fixed an issue causing error Z117 in the Zwift Launcher for PC.
If you encounter anything unusual with this update, please post in the thread below.
See you in Watopia, Ride On!