Game Update 1.20 - December 16th, 2021

How are you trying to update? I am guessing that you must have Automatic Updates turned off? If so, what is preventing you from updating manually?

Simply go to the apps section and search for zwift and press Update button

Happy holidays everyone! The new bikes look great(Can’t afford the new Cube though… LOL. Here is my post with details on the update, my thoughts, images of the new bikes, details on the new routes, a frequently updated list of bugs/issues in this update, info on things that weren’t mentioned in the release notes, and more. Feel free to check it out.

2 Likes

Are there any fixes for windows 11 compatibility?

Nice one, cheers.

1 Like

I get that it’s fixed now but I’m intrigued: For those bugs related to the ‘KICKR’, it is unclear to me if these were issues that effected all KICKR owners or all KICKR Bike owners. Can you clarify, just for my own personal interest?

1 Like

ZCA works fine with Apple tv. I use it all the time.

3 Likes

Good move! :+1: I touched it just the other day on my iPad during a group ride while pedalling near my threshold and dropped out the back of the bunch like a boulder. :woozy_face:

For me the update worked fine on my AppleTV So far no issues

Updated here fine (About 10 Mins ago) Apple TV 4K

1 Like

I have found it impossible to pair my Wahoo tickr with the release prior to this. Anyone else seen that? Is it fixed in this version. Are there specific steps I need to follow to get a 3rd device paired via Bluetooth to my Apple TV. I am on the same network with both Companion and Apple TV. I select use companion when I get into Zwift It just keeps searching and never finds tickr

2 Likes

I get the message to accept Apple’s new terms and conditions, but when I click ok on that it says “coming soon” and that’s it. Whatever I click there takes me back to the app screen, over and over. I give up and just uninstall/reinstall.

1 Like

Not uploading to Garmin connect And it will not let me add this on the Companion. Thanks

Never seen that when updating Zwift. Sounds more like something you’d see in a tvOS update. Are you trying to manually update from the App Store app?

Apple TVs will only connect to the remote and 2 additional Bluetooth devices.

Most newer trainers transmit power and cadence over a single connection which means you can also connect a HRM, but if yours doesn’t then you could try connecting them via the companion app

Edit: I see you’re already trying to connect via the companion, so not sure why that isn’t working

5 posts were split to a new topic: Alpe du Zwift graphics glitch [December 2021]

Hi @Mike_Manna_C3R
Apple TV devices have a hard limit of 3 Bluetooth connections at a time (including the ATV remote). If you have your trainer’s power and controllable signals paired, that leaves no more open slots for a heart rate monitor, a keyboard, Bluetooth headset, etc.

The solution is to pair your trainer and HRM using the Zwift Companion app as a Bluetooth bridge. See the Support Hub article for the step by step.

A new version of the Companion app went live yesterday. Please also check the Apple App Store or the Google Play store to make sure you’re on the latest version.

1 Like

Aaargh! Mandatory Android update released 15 minutes before I was due to race with my club, and with no warning. Unlike recent updates, no window of a few days to install it. Completely missed riding for the club as a result. And Zwift was working fine only a few minutes earlier, when I’d checked it just in case.

2 Likes

Hopefully there’s something in there that sorts out the crashing on Mac OS12. Zwift unusable for me since the Monterey update.

Logged on just to install the update. Didn’t connect to my trainer (deliberately) and started a ride in NYC just to take a look at the new bikes. Quit Zwift and the companion app says I’m still riding. Restarting the computer and the companion app hasn’t helped