Hey Zwifters, there is a new game update available which includes a number of improvements and fixes.
The update is available for download now for PC, Mac and Android and will appear in the Apple App store for iOS and Apple TV soon.
If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update to get access to all the latest features.
- Over the last few months we have been testing a number of improvements to how riders in groups behave in Zwift. These changes are now rolling out to all users and should result in improved pathing of riders in large packs. Users should also notice fewer instances where other riders appear to ride through the dirt or off road.
- Added a new Workout of the Week category.
- Added The Running Channel Challenge running workout.
- Updated the forced blackout period for workouts to 8 hours to provide more flexibility to users who want to do the next workout in their plan a little earlier than usual.
- Improved workout category names and ordering to improve clarity and discoverability.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Numerous cycling and running assets (kits, shirts, etc.) have been added or updated.
- Updated the game client to include all of the country flags currently available in Zwift Companion. Additional flags will be available in the future.
- Memory optimizations for both race results views and workout loading.
- Fixed a bug in group workouts where riders would surge forward erratically.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a user to miss their event or meetup if they signed up for the event then started their ride quickly after.
- Fixed a bug where screenshots taken with the F10 key would not get uploaded to the activity feed or connected 3rd party services.
- Fixed a bug where running shoe color changes are not being saved when exiting the app.
- Fixed a bug where the name shown in the leaderboard UI does not match the actual user who is at the top of the leaderboard for the segment being completed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Quit Meetup button to appear when it should not.
- Fixed a bug where the game and Wattbike devices were not in sync when paired over Bluetooth.
- Fixed a bug that caused the cadence target for a workout to appear incorrectly in Zwift Companion.
- Fixed a bug that caused special characters used in chat to not appear correctly in Zwift Companion.
- Fixed a bug where awarded badges were not being properly saved to the Zwifter’s profile.
- Fixed a bug that would cause chat from leaders and sweepers to not appear for some users.
[Version 1.11.1 Update - 3-23-2021]
Hey everyone, we’ve released a patch for this release to address some issues that have been found in this thread and elsewhere. The changes for 1.11.1 are:
- Fixed a bug that caused the Canyon Speedmax CF SLX frame to have an incorrect aero rating.
- Fixed a bug with some Tacx trainers which would cause riders to move at incorrect speeds.
- Fixed a bug that caused some ANT+ connection diagnostic data to be missing from the log.txt file.
- Fixed a pairing issue with USB Elite Real Axiom trainers.
- Fixed a crash when Zwifters would send a very long chat message in game.
If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.
See you in Watopia, Ride On!