Hey Zwifters, there is an updated game client available today which includes a number of new features, improvements and bug fixes.
The 1.16 update is available for download now on all supported platforms (PC, Mac, Android, iOS and Apple TV).
If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update to get access to all the latest features.
New Features and Content
- Route Progress Bar: One of the community’s most requested features, the Route Progress Bar includes route name, progress of lead-in distance (if any), progress on route distance, and lap separators for routes with multiple laps. Additionally, this feature includes a completion notification once you’ve reached the full route distance, even if you already have the route badge.
- Two new routes have been added to the Yumezi map in Makuri Islands.
- Valley to Mountaintop is a 5km (3.1mi) end to end route taking Zwifters up the reverse temple climb, gaining 130m (426ft) of elevation.
- Farmland Loop is a low stress, mostly flat route around the open areas of the Yumezi farmlands. The route is 7.8km (4.8mi) including lead-in and gains 57m (187ft) of elevation.
- Zwift Academy is returning with programs for Road, Run and Tri! This release includes workouts and unlocks related to the Zwift Academy Road Program. Learn more and register for all three Zwift Academy programs at zwift.com/academy.
- Added Return to Running Workouts, designed for new runners, runners returning from injury, a period of inactivity or pregnancy.
- Added Norseman Group Event Workouts.
- Added 5 new bikes to the Drop Shop:
- SCOTT Addict RC
- Cervelo S5 (2020)
- Van Rysel EDR CF
- Canyon Ultimate CFR
- BMC Roadmachine
- Added 3 new wheelsets to the Drop Shop:
- Cadex 65
- Cadex 42
- DT Swiss ARC 1100 DISC Aero TT
- Added support for the Elite Rizer for both in-game steering and terrain simulation.
- Added support for the Wahoo Element Rival watch.
- Added support for sending user weight to FTMS compatible trainers.
- Zwifters will no longer see the Steering tutorial in-game if you select OK or the tutorial screen times out.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to toggle the Hide Display mode during a free ride.
- Fixed an issue where Pace Partners would occasionally flicker when colliding with another Zwifter.
- Fixed an issue causing some Zwifters to see assert errors when trying to log in.
- Fixed an issue where the jersey reward for the 2017 Trek-Segafredo Pro Jersey Mission had been removed from the garage of Zwifters who had completed the Mission.
- Fixed an issue with bike shadows being incorrect in one specific place in Watopia. I know Watopia is not haunted, I mean I’m pretty sure … right?
- Fixed an issue that would not award the Elite kit to Zwifters who paired their Elite Suito trainer via BLE.
- Made minor modifications to in-game messaging in a number of workouts.
Update 1.16.1 - August 25th
- Fixed an issue which caused the Route Progress Bar to remain on screen after finishing a point to point route.
- Fixed an issue which prevented run devices which broadcast power from being recognized in the Running pairing screen.
- Corrected weight and aero values for the Canyon Ultimate CFR, Cervelo S5 2020, and Scott Addict RC.
- Corrected aero values for the Cadex 65 wheelset.
Update 1.16.2 - September 2nd
- Fixed an issue which prevented some users from being able to pair a controllable smart trainer on subsequent sessions without closing the app first.
- Fixed an issue with the Cervelo S5 2020 having incorrect aerodynamic values.
- Fixed an issue which caused the new Garmin kit to replace the original Tacx kit.
If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.
See you in Watopia, Ride On!