Training Plans Workouts now On Demand [February 2022]

Hey everyone -

We’re pleased to announce that the individual workouts in Zwift’s most popular cycling training plans are now available on-demand with game release v1.22.1. You can now pull specific workouts from selected training plans without committing to the whole plan.

Based on popularity, we have selected Build Me Up, Pebble Pounder, and Gran Fondo in this first phase of work to make our training plans more flexible. We plan to make additional training plan workouts available on-demand in subsequent releases.

In our next phase of work, we are continuing to fuel flexibility within our training plans, including unlocking workouts for longer periods and extending time in which workouts can be completed. These updates are under development and expected to roll out in the coming months.

When undertaking a training program, it’s important to remind everyone to listen to their bodies and rest appropriately between workouts. Always take at least 24 hours between workouts, and 36-48 for the more challenging workouts. We continue to encourage you to commit to our full training plans as they are developed by professional coaches to achieve specific goals, provide structure, and follow suggested workout progressions. Plus, who can forget about those sweet sock unlocks!

12 Likes

HOW do you access individual workouts in a training plan on-deman?

See the image above select the workouts tab instead of plans.

When I’m done with my first run through BMU I’m comin’ back for those unicorns, it isn’t gonna be pretty, but they are going down, it’s only a matter of time.

1 Like

Any chance of some new training plans being introduced…i cant remember the last time i saw a new one

2 Likes

TT Tune up. Please :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to see the ability to suspend a plan for a week or so, and carry on where you left off.

2 Likes

Pebble Pounder is setup well, I really enjoyed it as it involves alot of cadence sections not just power and time.

This iteration of Workouts On Demand, past workouts are available for an extra 2 weeks for you to complete them. Would that extra time be sufficient in most cases (barring injury, etc)?

Note: workouts will continue to be available 1 week at a time., but you won’t lose access to the previous workouts for the duration of the plan (plus 2 weeks extra).

How does it work in the interface? If someone has to take a week off for instance, do you just pick up exactly where you left off, still unlock the fancy socks etc? Or does it still unlock the next week’s workouts and assume you then want to do the workouts you missed after you’re done with the program? I’ve never missed a workout, so not sure how the flow would work.

1 Like

TT tune up on demand please

Thanks for responding. I think it would. Would you also be able to show completion of a workout plan and get the badge for completion in these instances?

2 weeks should be fine but does the 2 week marker reset after you start again? For example I’d like to do 1 week of TT Tune Up workouts over the course of two weeks. So would progression be possible

Shuji can you link the article where it says workouts in Plans are now available for two weeks please? So basically I could make an 8 week program become a 16 week program right?

If I read this correctly though, it’s not available yet though correct?
In our next phase of work, we are continuing to fuel flexibility within our training plans, including unlocking workouts for longer periods and extending time in which workouts can be completed. These updates are under development and expected to roll out in the coming months.

@shooj can you clarify if the 2 week extra time has been implemented yet, or is this planned for the future? It isn’t very clear.
Thanks!

1 Like

I think this is due in 1.23. Will confirm when I can.

1 Like

Anyone confirm this yet?

I used this today for the first time, ‘Welcome Workout’ from Gran Fondo… This was Good… but I had to do it because I wanted to start the (Not Gran) Fondo Training plan today. I clipped in, enrolled and seen ‘available in 4 days’, This was Bad.

I’d read various gripes from others that the weeks always start on a Monday, but assumed that if I started a new plan midweek, then the week 2 would start on the Monday coming… nope.

Are there any plans to change this behaviour for the training plan as this seems weirdly restrictive.