Problems with the gradient graph in London

Yes, it does happen in the other part of the London course, outside of Surrey Hills.

1 Like

Ah okay. I just don’t recall ever seeing it straight out of the pens when doing an event.

11 pics here from the TdZ stage that just began, in chronological order. It appeared off the screen three times before reverting to the correct profile.

Click to show them

Can’t say I remember this from races I’ve done on London.

I’ve never seen (or at least never noticed) that before, i’ve only ever seen it when you go up a hill and it slowly goes off the top as you go higher up the hill.

Maybe they are trying to fix it and it is now differently bad.

1 Like

I rode London today for the first time in a while and I didn’t notice the gradient graph behaving any differently to the previous problem, it was ok on the flat bits and only went off the top of the screen when going up hills.

Maybe that was an event specific issue?

Probably yeah. Which means it’s getting worse, not better. :rofl:

1 Like

I’m waiting for the next phase when it gets so bad it goes so far off the top it starts coming up from the bottom of the screen!

1 Like

Haven’t had a chance to check it yet, but check the patch notes for today’s update.

“Fixed an issue with the gradient display in London when riding in the countryside.”

3 Likes

ace-ventura-dancing-gif

3 Likes

Damn it, I had already bought this threads 2nd birthday present

3 Likes

I actually thought that when 'Steven the Support guy" said recently that it was being worked on that that was PR speak for “its on the To Do list”… I apologise for my scepticism even if it was in my head!

does it still count feet in multiples of 7 or has that changed to match the other worlds too?

1 Like

Wasnt looking for that tbh …just world hacked to watch some group riders as I couldnt quite believe the release notes!

1 Like

good stuff - i really like the london course, a good mix of flat and hills and that graph kinda ruined it for me. glad it is sorted now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried London today and the upcoming gradient bit is indeed fixed (yay!) but the bit that shows where you are on the gradient profile doesn’t follow the gradient

not really a big issue and doesn’t really affect anything so not worth worrying about but thought i’d point it out.

2 Likes

That was an issue for me before the update actually, I assumed it was related, but must be a different issue. They should re-work the elevation profile all-up.

Oh I didnt pick that up when I stalked riders the other day. I’m guessing this will be as fixed as its ever going to be, much like the Red paint issue.

2 Likes

I know that it still counts ft in multiples of 6&7 but didn’t go any further because I’m sure the final elevation issue still exists…

Yeah this has happened since the graph also broke so I assumed when they fixed on the other would be fixed too.

But it’s not the end of the world and the main bit is fixed so I’m happy

1 Like

I must have missed this but the mini map is now fixed too - your marker also follows the gradient

3 Likes