Problems with the gradient graph in London

Yesterday I rode up fox hill and noticed the gradient graph wasn’t working correctly (I just cycled off the top of the chart and it didn’t follow me). I also noticed the arrow pointing to me on the bigger gradient graph along the bottom of the map didn’t follow the gradient it just cut through the hill as seen in the attached picture

4 Likes

Not just on Android, I got that on PC yesterday as well. Thought it was because I was doing a custom workout, but maybe not.

Just to confirm the problem: Current gradient graph slowly grew and grew until it was off the top of the screen and the little orange arrow to show where you were on the course/climb was always at ground level even though the little white dots for other riders followed the elevation correctly.

yeah - that is exactly the issue I had

Same on iOS too…

Yep, it seems the latest update brought back some old visual bugs, such as the gradient graph being messed up, rain in tunnels (seen in London) and upside-down snow mounds (seen on the Watopia bonus climb)…

Had a weird one during a London ride today - as I went up Keith Hill the gradient indicator disappeared off the top of the screen, behaving more like a height meter, I eventually saw a solid black box til I descended Leith Hill when the loss of height made the gradient line and % to reappear.

Thanks all for letting us know this happens on specific routes, and also calling out what OS platforms you’re using.

This has been reported as a bug, and it’s on our to-do list.

Is there any platform that isn’t affected?

I’ve noticed on a few occasions on the London route that my elevation profile is wrong. It happened again today on a ride up Boxhill on the London 8 route. As I started to climb, the little arrow bubble that shows where you are on the hill profile did not move up the slope, but instead stayed at the bottom. As I climbed, the other box where the gradient is shown just all turned grey as my bubble disappeared off the top of it. I have attached some screenshots to explain what I mean which hopefully clarify. I’ve not noticed this happen on any other routes - I did the KOM climb on Wattopia a few days back and it all worked fine. It’s more an annoyance than anything else, as I know the profiles pretty well for most routes, but would maybe annoy others more who aren’t so sure of the climb, and what is coming next?

The first two photos are a bit blurry as took them all whilst riding, but hopefully the last one gives a good sense of what I am referring to? If you click on it to make it large. You can see I am just near the top of the climb, but my little arrow bubble along the route profile is still at ground zero. The gradient box where the -1% is is all greyed out where is should show my arrow bubble and the slope.

I am running Zwift on a 2017 iMac, and utilise a Tacx Neo V1 trainer if that is of any help? The link to the ride is on Strava at:

This happens on TV OS (Apple TV), also. It appears that in London, unlike in other worlds, the lowest elevation gets ‘fixed’ as the bottom of the graphic, so as you ascend the profile eventually just ‘grows’ out the top. In the other worlds the rider location appears to be the fixed point, so as you ascend the lowest elevation is effectively just pushed out the bottom of the graphic, and then returns as you descend back to ‘sea level’.

TV OS also has the rain the Tube tunnels and stations since one of the recent updates.

this is still broken following the latest update

Really?!? I’m shocked!!! :astonished:

1 Like

I’ve checked Android and Windows versions and both are still not working (not that I expected them to be really)

it seems like a quick fix - it used to work, works on all other worlds so must just be a slight change of code?

i guess the developers have been maxed out building and testing France and stuff so hopefully the little stuff can now be sorted

The latest mini update didn’t fix this again.

any idea when it might be solved?

+1 Same problem on MacOS going up Leith Hill this morning.

This is still broken following the latest update.

Really frustrating

1 Like

Will this ever be fixed? I can’t be the only on who finds this really annoying? Seems like it should be a really easy fix, it used to work so just roll back the feature to a time when it did work and it works on all other maps.

I’m getting the impression that these forums exist a a place where people can air their frustrations to make themselves feel better but no one from Zwift actually pays any attention to them.

5 Likes

Another update and this not mentioned/fixed.

Just to manage my expectations, this will never be fixed will it?

@Chris_Holton
I bumped this ticket. Thanks for the reminder

1 Like

Thanks

I know it might seem silly to some people but it basically ruins London for me and it was one of my favourite worlds prior to this. I use the gradient graph for gear selection to see what is coming up and it isn’t always easy to see from the graphics.