Problems with the gradient graph in London

Game update today - no mention of a fix for this.

Pretty sure it is never going to happen! Been a known issue for 7 months, really annoying and really spoils London’s world for me.

Probably be just left alone, like the buildings that disappear in Crit City. It’s not game-breaking, so there’s no interest.

That wall that ranges from 2% to >10% all the way up Keith Hill. Really useful.

Added bonus that the arrow marker on the “bigger but also still had to read” profile stays at the bottom of the profile to make sure that it obscures that climb itself. :clap:

AppleTV fwiw.

My guess is that the problem with this is that the rest of the London map uses real GPS points to plot the elevation but the hills aren’t real so it defaults to 0 for elevation, so the pointer thinks it is always at zero and stays along the bottom and similar for the gradient graph.

either that or it is just broken!

It used to work.

yeah i know, that is the weird thing, they didn’t change anything in London when it broke either!

I’d go with this except for the same profile shows the other riders, whose markers are following the elevation correctly :man_shrugging:

good point, i hadn’t noticed that!

@shooj
Bump this ticket again, please.

1 Like

seems like Zwift are only keen to take money add extra features rather than fix the bugs and “technical limitations” that already exist, many of which have for years.

Basically stuff like this doesn’t fundamentally break the game so it goes to the bottom of the pile behind all the things that do. The customers are just expected to put up with it. It’s unprofessional and embarrassing for a company supposedly worth a billion dollars, but hey - fixing bugs doesn’t get new subs.

3 Likes

I’m holding out for this bug to hit its anniversary in the known issues section!

One day there’ll be an esports event on the london course and it’ll be sorted fast enough then!

Came across that issue today too, rather annoying not knowing the upcoming elevation. Hope it gets enough attention for a fix at some point.

I first raised it (pun intended!) a year ago, was a known issue about 10 months ago and is still an issue so I wouldn’t hold your breath.

1 Like

I can’t believe this STILL isn’t fixed - I posted on this thread in June 2020 and 8 months later the bug remains…

I feel your pain - I started it!

I’m doing the PRL Full on Saturday.
I suppose by the 8th or 9th time up Box Hill, I won’t even be able to see the gradient graph… LOL

3 Likes

you could probably draw your own version on the first 7 climbs!

1 Like

I find it highly odd that -

1. This bug has not been fixed after 7 months.
  2. This bug only affects London.

My simplistic mind says to remedy this, copy the gradient algorithm from a course that works to London.

1 Like