Monthly Missions

We are excited to announce the January monthly mission (cycling only). During the monthly missions, you can do scheduled events or free rides towards the progress of completing these missions but please be aware that meet-ups do not count towards mission progression. Each month, you will have the opportunity to unlock a badge and a backwards cap.

Looking to register for the event? Sign up in-game on the homescreen:

January Mission:
Fit & Fast
Complete 5 unique workouts throughout the month of January
Registration Launch: Dec 27
Campaign Launch: Jan 3 @ 14:00 UTC
Registration End: Jan 30
Campaign End: Jan 31 @ 23: 59 UTC
Recommended activity: “Less Than 30 Minutes to Burn” in the workouts collection. Have you tried the newly added ones, including Control the Burn, Heat Wave, Lunar Light, and more?

February Mission:
Sky’s the Limit
Climb 3,000 meters thought the month of February
Registration Launch: Jan 25 @ 16:00 UTC
Campaign Launch: Feb 1 @ 16:00 UTC
Registration End: Feb 27 @16:59 UTC
Campaign End: Feb 28 @ 16:59 UTC
Recommended activity: Check out the most infamous climbs on Zwift The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App.

March Mission:
Fiving and Thriving
Complete 5 events throughout the month of March
Registration Launch: Feb 22 @ 16:00 UTC
Campaign Launch: Mar 1 @ 16:00 PTC
Registration End: Mar 30 @ 23:59 UTC
Campaign End: Mar 31 @ 23:59p UTC
Recommend activity: Check out Tour of Watopia (starts March 6th). To learn more about Tour of Watopia, click here.

April Mission:
Conquer a Classic
Ride 145.5km throughout the month of April
To learn more about the Conquer a Classic mission, check out the FAQ here.
Registration Launch: Mar 27 @ 16:00 UTC
Campaign Launch: Apr 3 @ 16:00 UTC
Registration End: Apr 29 @ 23:59 UTC
Campaign End: Apr 30 @ 23::59 UTC
Recommended Activity: Check out April’s ZRacing series, “Cobble Crusher.” To learn more about ZRacing, click here.

May Mission:
Work it Out
Complete 4 unique workouts throughout the month of May
Registration Launch: Apr 24 @ 15:00 UTC
Campaign Launch: May 1 @ 23:59 UTC
Registration End: May 30 @ 15:00 UTC
Campaign End: May 31 @ 23:59 UTC
Recommended Activity: Check out Zwift Spring Training. To learn more about Zwift Spring Training, click here.

June Mission:
Ride with Pride
Ride 250km throughout the month of June in celebration of Pride month on Zwift.
Registration Launch: May 25 @ 15:00 UTC
Registration End: June 30 @ 22:59 UTC
Campaign Launch: June 1 @ 15:00 UTC
Campaign End: June 30 @ 22:59 UTC
Recommended Activity: Check out the Pride Ride & Runs or the AIDS Lifecycle events. To learn more, click here.

July Mission:
Climb Tourmalet
Climb 2115m throughout the month of July as we count down to Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift
Registration Launch: June 23 @ 15:00 UTC
Registration End: July 30 @ 23:59 UTC
Campaign Launch: June 30 @ 19:00 UTC
Campaign End: July 31 @ 13:00 UTC
Recommended Activity: Check out ZRS: Watch the Femmes.
To learn more about the Climb Tourmalet missions, click here.

August Mission:
Chasing Rainbows
Complete any 3 Scotland routes, in honor of UCI World Championships. As a reminder, meetups do not count towards mission progress.
Registration Launch: July 24 @ 15:00 UTC
Registration End: September 3 @ 23:59 UTC
Campaign Launch: July 31 @ 15:00 UTC
Campaign End: September 4 @ 23:59 UTC
Recommend Activity: Check out the Zwift Ride Series: Podium Rides or ZRacing: Race the Worlds.

September Mission:
Omnium
Complete 1 Group Ride, 1 Workout and 1 Race during the month of September.
Registration Launch: August 28 @ 15:00 UTC
Registration End: September 30 @ 23:59 UTC
Campaign Launch: September 4 @ 15:00 UTC
Campaign End: October 1 @ 23:59 UTC
Recommend Activity: Check out the ZRacing Monthly Mission or the Zwift Ride Series to check off two of the required activities.

October MIssion:
Wander Watopia
Complete any 3 Watopia Routes
Registration Launch: September 25 @ 15:00 UTC
Registration End: November 4 @ 23:59 UTC
Campaign Launch: October 2 @ 15:00 UTC
Campaign End: November 5 @ 23:59 UTC
Recommended Activity: Check out Tour of Watopia, starting on October 25, 2023 to earn credit towards both series. To learn more about Tour of Watopia, click here.

November Mission:
KOM Challenge
Climb 2188m throughout the month of November
Registration Launch: October 30 @ 15:00 UTC
Registration End: December 3 @ 00:59 UTC
Campaign Launch: November 6 @ 16:00 UTC
Campaign End: December 4 @ 00:59
Recommended Activity: Check out the Climb Portal: Climb of the Month or the rotating schedule. To learn more about Climb Portal, click here.

December Mission:
End of Year Epic
Ride 226.8 miles / 365km throughout the month of December
Registration Launch: November 27 @ 16:00 UTC
Registration End: December 31 @ 00:59 UTC
Campaign Start: December 4 @ 16:00 UTC
Campaign End: January 1 , 2024 @ 00:59 UTC
Recommended Activity: Check out Rapha Festive 500. More details will be shared at a later time.

Convert to your local timezone here.

This post will be updated monthly with the next months mission. This post will close on January 1, 2024 and a new post will be created for the 2024 series.

Do these have to be Zwift workouts, or can they be custom workouts or imported workouts (e.g. TrainingPeaks)?

In one of the previous Missions (last year) I used a Custom Workout and that was counted.

Custom workouts do count towards mission progress. You just would not get credit for completing the same workout more than once or doing a workout as a meet-up.

1 Like

What’s up with the new home screen showing “fake” meet ups? I’ve seen this happen before and it is happening to whoever took this screen shot…

What screenshot?

this graphic

1 Like

What fake meet ups do you see? I only see events and workouts.

Please define “Unique” workouts. Using this term only serves to confuse imo.

It would also be helpful to specify that group rides do/don’t count under the Fit & Fast January Mission details:

Unique = different. i.e. you can’t do the same workout twice and have both count.

Group rides <> workouts

1 Like

First event. It is not an actual event, but rather a meet up. I don’t believe meet ups say “Meet up” where it would normally say group ride. This has happened to me if I linger on the home screen for a bit. Seems a bit random though.

@brumohr - Thank you for the feedback. I did try to clarify what defines a unique workout in the top blurb:

Going forward, I will add a little more definition on what qualifies

I see that frequently, too. It has seemed similar to a meetup, though I was never invited to one nor created one. It just looks like a group ride, with only A cat (5.0-1.0 wkg, it says :man_shrugging:), the route name + map (no event or meetup ever does that for me), and 0 people are signed up.

AWESOME! I love evergreen posts and have just added this one to the Resource Wiki.

As someone who doesn’t really care about workouts, I assume I could set up custom workouts with “free ride” sections, and those would count?

2 Likes

Why would someone like that even care about this mission?

1 Like

Badge collecting. Just like all the pointless Strava challenges I sign up to.

4 Likes

Daren,

FWIW, I haven’t done an erg workout in years but did one the other day for this mission. It was fun and actually got me interested in doing more workouts. “Mission accomplished?” :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I did one last week as well. But I’d be doing them just for the sake of it being “a workout”. I don’t have any training goals or specific focus.

1 Like

Just to clarify, if you do a workout during a meetup, does that count?