Create own custom route and follow them

(Emmanuel Ledun) #1

Hi, I have seen that many posts on this topic have been archived with the new forum, hence this new post.

I would like to be able to create custom routes, so I can follow them during my Zwift Sessions. Here are the current limitations I see so far:

1. When riding long distance on a course (2h-4h sessions), it is difficult to select the right direction at any intersections in order to explore the map and not choose the same roads again and again. When riding outdoor, most of us are used to following GPS routes and that is great, no need to remember where to turn.

2. When riding in Erg mode during hard sessions, I find it difficult to be focused at choosing where to go at intersections. I currently take part to the Everest challenge to get the Tron bike, and I would like to start and select the hilliest route on a course (ex in Watopia: climb to Epic KOM tower again and again or to Alpe du Zwift from the bottom of the climb only).

3. Just to have more options than the already great Zwift standard routes. This means more changes, more variations during the training experience.

Those are the custom route functionalities I would like to use:

1. Select predefined starting point of a route on a given Zwift course
  2. Define where to turn at each intersection
  3. Save custom routes into a route library (same idea as workout library)
  4. Custom routes could have description, summary (total elevation, total distance, map, elevation profile with intersections)
  5. Ability to sync custom routes across devices

(Daren Chandisingh [Vision]) #2

At the very least I’d like to be able to pick up where I left off. So if I log out at the top of Alpe du Zwift, that’s where I’ll be when I next log in on that World. Could even be an option on the start screen.