Zwift PC Bluetooth issues

After few tries and errors (1 windows reset and a fresh install, 3 different bluetooth dongles) I have able to fix the error 126.
The answer was indeed easy and so obvious that I am wondering why it’s not implemented by defaut in the zwift installer… it’s important to note that I haven’t done any modifications for tacX app or fullgaz. Both worked straight after the install.

So the fix was a to add an exception for Zwift application in Windows Defender firewall (Tacx for example was set by automatically as allowed).

I hope it helps. If needed I can provide some screenshots / a small walkthrough.
@zwift dev, it would be wise to implement that within the launcher or installer.

Cheers and have a safe ride :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Ano,
I have the same rule in place.
I have also tried to fully deactivate Windows Defender which at first solved my issue. However it’s not a long term solution. Maybe you should try also that.

Please note I also lowered the UAC level (unsure if it can have some impact) :

In my opinion, and I’m fairly confident in it, the problem with bluetooth is in Zwift. To be precise in Zwift implementation of Bluetooth. I have two Windows 10 laptops. An old Lenovo, and newer Dell (which I use as my work laptop). The Dell works fine with Zwift, using the buildin Bluetooth. The Lenovo didn’t work. So I got a Bluetooth stick, which didn’t solve the problem. The Zwift is showing Bluetooth as being off. So I tried two different training apps and both connected immediately to my equipment.
As resolving software bugs is my bread and butter, I am fairly confident in my following conclusion.
The Zwift implementation of Bluetooth is bugy, it probably relies on some specific driver implementation or hooks, which are probably present only in certain hardware implementation. I believe that other apps rely on OS layer on providing access to Bluetooth data.
Such implementation could be either result of bad development or a way to avoid man in the middle attack (aka cheating). Although I would bet for the bad implementation. So it would make sense to contact Zwift and keep bugging them to either get an official response or to fix it. But the issue is definitely in Zwift.
As I didn’t hook on Zwift, trying to get my wife and daughter hooked up, and the fact that my pain cave is in my garden shed, I’m not intending to invest any time in debugging this issue. Sorry I couldn’t help you more. But my recommendation try other apps, if they can pair while Zwift can’t or is showing no Bluetooth, then take the issue to Zwift and be insistent. Apparently they are trying to avoid fixing it.

10 Likes

Hello, I have bluetooth issue too, (with win10, bluetooth dongle)
I turned off all windows defender firewall, lowered uac level, but still windows BLE error 126 appears…

1 Like

hello. i have the same issue. everythin worked fine with my built in bluetooth and i cant afford an ANT+ dongle where i live… it was working fine, then i wanted to roll back my PC to starter status and then when i instaled zwift back again bluetooth wouldnt work. it show a message that says my receiver is turned off. already tried reinstalling drivers and everything. cant find the wourkaround

1 Like

Hi @Leonardo_Palavecino welcome to Zwift forums

The latest game update that went live a few hours ago addresses some Bluetooth issues on Windows.

Would you update your app and let us know if this resolved this issue?

i reinstaled zwift and updated. still show BLE turned off. tested it on rouvy and it works, turned off defender. added permission to zwift on firewall defender also. and used a BLE dongle and wouldnt work either.

1 Like

@Leonardo_Palavecino
Thank you for updating your game version.

Would you send us your log.txt file from the latest log in, please? Here’s where to locate the logs.

Please attach that to an email to support@zwift.com. Ask for Shuji in the body of the email and mention this forum thread, and we’ll get to our QA team to look at. Thank you.

1 Like

thanks. i-ll do asap

Same issues here. Bluetooth working and can connect all sorts of other apps and hardware.

Zwift states Bluetooth is turned off.
And unable to connect, Companion is just as bad, connects, then drops out. Avatar keeps running on screen at the last speed recorded…

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue: Zwift thinks the bluetooth is turned off, when it’s on and Windows can recognise the device.
Zwift has just done an update, the BLE dongle and its drivers are brand new
I run the speed/cadence sensor through ANT+, but the HRM is only bluetooth.
So, is the answer to get an ANT+ compatible HRM (yet more spending…), or sack Zwift off and go with Sufferfest/Rouvy?

1 Like

im having the same issue. every other BLE device is connecting just fine to my PC but zwift says my adapter is off. Was looking forward to joining this app/community but guess ill hold off until it’s fixed.

I was getting the error 126 with a new Windows 10 unit I was upgrading to. I opened a ticket with support and they quickly came back saying I was missing the C++ runtime from MS vc_redistx64.exe
I installed the x64 version rebooted and now BLE is working just fine in Zwift. I’m surprised this isn’t mentioned in the installation and troubleshooting guides.

8 Likes

Thanks for the information! I’m willing to try anything at this point!

Anthony M Spencer
Sent from my iPhone

@M.Milner This did not work for me.

The 64 bit C++ redist install worked for me on old PC with Windows 10 2004 and a TP-Link Nano UB400 USB dongle. Thanks for posting that @M.Milner

Cheers
Si

Thanks a lot. Solve my problem on a Lenovo G40 trough our procedure. The bluetooth of PC is ok to pair with powermeter!!

Had the same exact issue!

Windows 10 2004 on a i5 Intel nuc (~5yrs old).
Asus USB BT4 dongle would work just fine in everything except for Zwift pairing, where it would say that my BT is disabled.

Installing vs_redistx64 from the MS website solved the issue instantly.

My Tacx Bushido Smart now pairs up with power, cadence, and controllable.

Thanks champs!

Same problem here, same fix. Drove me crazy until I found the error 126 message in the Zwift log and started poking around BleWin10Lib.dll using Dependency Walker.

It would be nice if Zwift either bundled that with its installer, or popped up a message dring startup when loading the DLL fails to make it obvious why Zwift thinks Bluetooth is turned off.

I had to do a fresh install of Windows (formatted C and started over - dedicated zwift computer) to fix some real buggers that an AMD driver caused. Had the exact same issue - solved it with the referenced 64 bit C++ redist referenced above, thank you!