Windows PC ANT+ issue solutions

Windows PC ANT+ issue solutions

With credit to Dave of ZPCMR who doesn’t appear active on the forum anymore, if you’re having issues with an ANT+ stick on a Windows PC, here are a couple of methods for reinstalling the driver.

First - Semi-automatic

• open “Windows Update” and click “Check for updates”.
  • “View optional updates” and find “Dynastream Innovations, Inc. - Bus Controllers and Ports, Other hardware - ANT USB-m”, then install it.

Second - manual

Fun facts about ANT+: it’s older and has overlapping frequencies with things like microwave ovens so it’s prone to interference. However, it’s also fault-tolerant: unlike Bluetooth that requires “pairing”, ANT+ “transmits in the blind” - it simply spits out data for anything listening. Advantages are it can be received by multiple devices at once (example: HR can be sent by ANT+ to a bike computer, sport watch, and Zwift device on the same ANT+ channel) and it tends to reconnect after a disconnect. BLE, because of the “pairing” requirement, can only connect to a single device per channel and when a connection is dropped may stay dropped until manually re-connected.

For general troubleshooting, visit: Guidelines for Seeking Support on the Forum

For other resources of interest: Zwift Resource Wiki 🗺

If you have Garmin Express Application you will have the driver for both types of ANT+ devices

The version/date of the ANT+ driver for Windows in the Garmin Express application is the same as above:

So by installing Garmin Express you will have the driver for both ANT+ devices.

2 Likes

thanks installing the driver worked . i emailed zwift just to double check something , i wanted to be sure that seeing no riders just means lost internet connection which they clarified. But then they said my drivers were out of date
im wondering
does this impact the power / cadence readings from my power meter ?
I have garmin v2s which connect via ant stick,
I pair through the zwift software and calibrate from my garmin watch before every ride

I wrote abit about wifi interference to ANT+ back in 2019. Here it is…