Why I am Too slow

BUT I am watching the sceen the incline is NOT changing!!! I can never go faster than 4 mph up a hill zwift

1 Like

Because it takes a little bit to accelerate and takes a LOT of power to increase your speed on a steep incline. You probably you have had to been over 300 watts for an extended time to increase your speed noticeably.

Again your Garmin does not know what is going on in-game.

Letā€™s set up a meetup and ride some hills together. I plan on riding tonight around 9 p.m. EST (5 hours from now), what time zone are you in?

The incline might be changing, but still displayed as 4% since Zwift does not use decimals for that.

There are times I see my speed changing on flat routes when it displays 0% the entire time.

I already got a 30 mile ride in today. I am in Ohio and the weather was in the high 50ā€™s today so NO need for zwift . Once again the garmin is seeing speed differences in the wheel

Again, ignore the Garmin, it is just confusing you.

When you are going down a virtual incline stop pedaling, your Garmin should read 0MPH once your wheel stops, but you will be still moving within Zwift.

2 Likes

Proves my point that the garmin is right and zwift is wrong. Thank you

Thanks for you help weather is changing here, rather ride outside.
Bye

1 Like

Zwift show whole numbers in Mph.

Looking at the calculator (that is based on riding out side)

175w = 3.6mph (round to 4mph)
216w = 4.41mph (round to 4mph)

How? You Garmin would be displaying 0MPH while you could be traveling at 20+MPH in-game. They donā€™t match and that is my point. Again, ignore the Garmin.

You Garmin is just getting in the way of you understanding how speed works within Zwift.

1 Like

Read this, maybe it will help you understand: How Does Zwift Calculate Rider Speed? | Zwift Insider

1 Like

Well hello then neighbor, Iā€™m just north of you in Michigan.

Paulā€™s point is that the garmin is only telling you the actual speed of your wheel, Zwift is translating the power you are producing and placing it in a virtual environment with fake hills and decents to give you a virtual speed. In reality you arenā€™t going anywhere, you are on a stationary trainer. Iā€™ve noticed that Zwift is usually a bit higher than my IRL speed when out on group rides.

2 Likes

My wheel stopped so I am going 0 mph. which is right the ā€œGAMEā€ is wrong.

No, they donā€™t match.

Again, ignore the Garmin. Neither is correct, you are not moving at all.

What REALLY matters while riding indoors is Power over Time or HR over Time. Speed and Distance mean nothing since you are in reality not moving at all.

BTW, Zwiftā€™s speed using a complex algorithm which calculates in-game speed very accurately.

It can be hard to comprehend.

1 Like

where in MI, i lived in Kzoo and Bay City before

Zwift use complex calculations to calculate your speed derived from the power(watt) send from your trainer

You can plug in some numbers and test for your self.

I assume something like this.
http://www.kreuzotter.de/english/espeed.htm

1 Like

Then how do i increace my speed in this ā€œGAMEā€ people pass me doing 30 mph up hill impossible. 4 mph really???

I donā€™t think anybody can do 30Mph on that climb. Accoding to Zwift power:

1 Like

OK 28 is dam close to 30 EVERY time I can only do 4 mph NOT right I have done 350+ w before and my speed NEVER changes

I have raced before and I do triathlons. Iā€™m not on my bike drinking a beer.