Wahoo Kickr Direct Connect

Really hoping this might be enabled before the Northern Hemisphere winter season (2021!) as it would be so helpful to so many people. Have there been any updates regarding this, since they said they were working on it (months ago)?

2 Likes

3 Likes

:spaghetti:, right?

3 Likes

Winter/Turbo Trainer season is now on the horizon (for us in Scotland anyway!), so popped back onto this thread to see if their was any light at the end of the tunnel regarding implementation of this feature. Seems not.

Subscription cancelled and moving to a platform that supports direct connect.

7 months in and not a peep. Unacceptable!

4 Likes

Apart from two posts above?

2 Likes

Well let me know how the wait goes!

1 Like

Ha, I’m not excusing it taking so long. Not at all. Just saying, there has been an acknowledgement that they’re working on it.

3 Likes

The warranty on my wahoo device has run out waiting for this feature to drop … maybe wahoo should’ve named it a sterzo to get instant support?

3 Likes

Considering buying the Kickr V5 and the Direct Connect with Zwift would be a great plus. Its really not only existing Wahooers but also prospective customers that are of concern here. Or should be. While Wahoo is no IT company but isn’t this rather weird they work for months over a software issue? Put please some pressure and provide some technical support to the Wahoo colleagues Zwift…

1 Like

This isn’t a Wahoo issue. The connect works on other platforms.

4 Likes

Yes, you are right, so its the Wahoo people who should put pressure to Zwift, as both end up losing…

3 Likes

I don’t understand why Zwift is still waiting to agreed on that connection method. This is the best way to secure the experience and avoid bad buzz for them …

4 Likes

I am interested as well since my trainer is very close to a network switch. I always prefer wired connections for stability.

2 Likes

I have dropped Zwift and will reconsider when they incorporate direct connect. Went over to Wahoo’s SYSTM. Maybe that is Wahoo’s strategy, give users a reason to switch over to their platform. You would think Zwift should be wanting to prevent that from happening?!

3 Likes

Good idea. I’ll try it today.
My Direct Connect is plugged in and ready to go.

EDIT: I just watched a few YouTube videos about Wahoo SYSTM. It looks very very interesting. I signed up for a 2 week free trial. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

RGT also works with the direct connect. Not sure if any other apps do.

3 Likes

It’s worked with Fulgaz and TrainerRoad from day one.

2 Likes

Good to know. Just wanted to highlight that it’s not just limited to the Wahoo app.

2 Likes

Hands up if you’re sick fed up of this happening!

@Zwift honestly sort it out guys its getting embarrassing!

Consistently happening over 2 laptops, 2 mobile phones, and a tablet.

It’s a Zwift issue.

3 Likes

Came back to Zwift seeing as its Autumn and cant get out as much, patched everything up, had a test ride and was ok the other day, got ten mins into my first workout and boom, 0 Watts. I thought its time to go with a direct connection to avoid this issue that has plagued the experience from day 1. It totally detracts from the whole system when in the middle of a hard workout it just decides to disconnect. as ready to order a Direct Connect but though I would just hang on and do some research, found this thread and will be cancelling my Zwift subscription today. I find it bizarre that Zwift are taking all that money in yet dont seem to respond to these requests so will now look at the apps that will support a stable connection and not require me half way through a session to stop and start going all tech support.

8 Likes