Wahoo Direct Connect Adapter

As someone who is committed to the best power data I can provide with less dropouts and technical frustrations, I am eagerly awaiting support for this device - as much as we want a wireless world we keep seeing issues that can be solved by, directly connecting our power source to the platform … we already have to use extension USB cable and get our ANT+ dongle within 6-12inches away from our device, all that is left is to plug the damn thing in

Any particular reason you had to open a new topic?

3 Likes

One is posted in general discussion, one is posted in feature requests, I gathered general discussion didn’t really spark much interest from Zwift, so decided to officially ‘request’ it — thanks for your question though

6 Likes

Zwift, please give us a timeframe for the kickr dircon integration :slight_smile:

7 Likes

2nd this. An update would be helpful. There were calls for trainer companies to produce trainers that didn’t need calibration/spindowns and to try to solve dropout problems… Wahoo stepped up and did just that but we’re still waiting for support for something that addresses a major user pain-point.

15 Likes

It would be very nice to at least get to know if Zwift are even considering implementing support for the Dircon adapter. Did it even make it onto their development backlog?

7 Likes

We need more votes for this feature request! Cammooon, only 11 interested in wired trainer connection to Zwift?! It works like a charm in Trainerroad.

9 Likes

Wahoo talked to Zwift and even gave them hardware to get this implemented from what I have seen. They know this is a wanted feature and have support from Wahoo to get it setup, seems they just don’t care.

3 Likes

Gonna be an exclusive feature of the Zwift trainer/bike I reckon. At least to begin with.

It’s the only reason I can think of for this taking so long. That said I thought the same about button steering and they added that for the Kickr Bike one day so who knows.

Maybe the idea of direct connection but I doubt they are going to use Wahoos direct connection stuff for their own equipment. This just seems to be like any other quality of life update they do, absolutely the last priority for them.

Plus one for this, WiFi just doesn’t cut it with my set up, solved the problem of my Apple TV cutting out with an Ethernet connection, still battling with the companion app but would love to be able to get a hard line to my trainer!

3 Likes

I’m running Zwift on an Apple TV 4K and that was working beautifully until Apple released tvOS 14 with it’s broken bluetooth functionality. Before I never had any issues with my Kickr disconnecting, but since tvOS 14 it happens pretty much every ride. First I see the dreaded “Remote control disconnected” message on the screen and after that my Kickr is also disconnected.
Right now my only hope is that Zwift implements support for the Direct Connect adapter (or of course that Apple fixes the bluetooth functionality in tvOS but we all know how likely that is to happen).

Zwift… We need this update ASAP! Direct Connect is an must have for elite racing aswell

5 Likes

Ahhhh I wish they would implement this feature, my turbo connection has dropped off a few times and it’s super annoying. Got the whole setup wired now except for heartrate monitor (which can’t be) and the turbo to computer. This would be the last step in getting the perfect setup :relaxed:

3 Likes

Zwift, could you please make this a priority! Power dropouts and connection issues in training, group rides and events are causing a lot of problems to a lot of Wahoo users. Most of the other platforms already supports this…

6 Likes

one more user here!
Disappoint though that no statement from a Zwift representative comes in here

2 Likes

It was addressed in a different thread a few days ago:

found it in the recent update thread:

1 Like

Please direct connect!!! Please!!!

6 Likes

Given the amount of bugs related to their regular Bluetooth connection, resistance and ERG issues especially with Apple devices, Im starting to loose hope for Zwift coming around to implement the dircon. If they aren’t able to fix the standard setup, then how can we hope for them to implement this. I haven’t used Zwift since spring (northern hemisphere), and if no word come out about their progress, I’m starting to look for alternatives for the coming winter.

1 Like