Wahoo Direct Connect Adapter

I’m running Zwift on an Apple TV 4K and that was working beautifully until Apple released tvOS 14 with it’s broken bluetooth functionality. Before I never had any issues with my Kickr disconnecting, but since tvOS 14 it happens pretty much every ride. First I see the dreaded “Remote control disconnected” message on the screen and after that my Kickr is also disconnected.
Right now my only hope is that Zwift implements support for the Direct Connect adapter (or of course that Apple fixes the bluetooth functionality in tvOS but we all know how likely that is to happen).

Zwift… We need this update ASAP! Direct Connect is an must have for elite racing aswell

5 Likes

Ahhhh I wish they would implement this feature, my turbo connection has dropped off a few times and it’s super annoying. Got the whole setup wired now except for heartrate monitor (which can’t be) and the turbo to computer. This would be the last step in getting the perfect setup :relaxed:

3 Likes

Zwift, could you please make this a priority! Power dropouts and connection issues in training, group rides and events are causing a lot of problems to a lot of Wahoo users. Most of the other platforms already supports this…

6 Likes

one more user here!
Disappoint though that no statement from a Zwift representative comes in here

2 Likes

It was addressed in a different thread a few days ago:

found it in the recent update thread:

1 Like

Please direct connect!!! Please!!!

6 Likes

Given the amount of bugs related to their regular Bluetooth connection, resistance and ERG issues especially with Apple devices, Im starting to loose hope for Zwift coming around to implement the dircon. If they aren’t able to fix the standard setup, then how can we hope for them to implement this. I haven’t used Zwift since spring (northern hemisphere), and if no word come out about their progress, I’m starting to look for alternatives for the coming winter.

1 Like

Should be much easier to implement - all other major platforms support it already. Just shows the incompetence of Zwift.

1 Like

Now that the UCI worlds are going to be run again on Zwift after all, and Wahoo is the new UCI trainer sponsor, meaning all athletes will probably again be competing on trainers supplied by the organization i.e. latest-model Kickrs…

1 Like

+1
Dropouts suck.

4 Likes

I’ve had this adapter close to a year now. Zwift, please put a priority on supporting direct connect.

7 Likes

After the 1.19 update, still no support for the Wahoo Direct Connect. It’s almost a year since Wahoo launched it’s direct connect adapter. Yet, Zwift still fails to implement this - while other major platforms have it implemented (KICKR Direct Connect is compatible with The Wahoo SUF Training App, Trainer Road, Rouvy, Fulgaz, bKool, RGT Cycling and Veloreality, with more 3rd party partners in the future).
@Wes WHEN??

8 Likes

Still no update? :weary:

3 Likes

This is disappointing. I’ve had my direct connect sitting since it was initially released! Has it been a year?!

They focus on nonsense updates. I’ve been on Zwift since 2016 and am fed up. I’m seriously considering switching to Wahoo Fitness. This is ridiculous.

5 Likes

I have been an avid swifter since it’s inception. I bought a kickr with the direct connect capability in order to enhance the virtual riding experience.

Zwift, please get this done or at the very least, can you provide a view on when the platform will be updated to accommodate the direct connect feature?

Thank you.

3 Likes

All athletes participating in UCI worlds will indeed be on latest-model Kickrs, but no mention of a Direct Connect option anywhere.

@Wes @Eric When will this be implemented? All other major platforms support it already!

4 Likes

Please implement this feature!!!

4 Likes