Wahoo Kickr Direct Connect

Still no support for direct connect after recent October update and no response as to when it will be supported.

4 Likes

Really hoping they get this up and running for this winter (Northern Hemisphere) would be a game changer for people with signal issues.

3 Likes

Need this sorted ASAP really

5 Likes

Ditto. My Kickr Zwift experience is detiorating quickly. Drop outs ever ride are now the norm.

1 Like

Yesterday 2 dropouts. When u are going to fix this??? I already use Trainerroad with Zwift. Why should I pay for zwift? I have had 0 dropouts when using trainerroad

3 Likes

No, really. I have had 3 kickrs and a kickr bike. I am a wahooligan since beginning smart training. You guys need to fix this. Its a major problem in the virtual riding community. Ensure high fidelity data transmission and you OWN this sport for a decade. Come on! FIX THIS! I am on Zwift and TrainerRoad on my Wahoo but cant ride next to my wife in the same space because of interference. Allow the connect!

6 Likes

Agree. This really would provide me incentive to not only buy the v5 but also the Direct Connect and continue my Zwift subscription…

2 Likes

Might just be me being cynical… but enabling wahoo direct connect might remove a key benefit of any integrated Zwift hardware they are working on. If their main selling point is going to be that its all integrated with no chance of drop-outs they might not be too keen on supporting the wahoo device doing the same here?

2 Likes

I’ve been having dropout issues with my Tacx Flux 2 and finally decided to buy a Kickr v5 hoping to use Direct Connect with Zwift. But to my surprise, Zwift doesn’t support Direct Connect. Shame me for not doing research first, but shame on Zwift for not taking advantage of a much-asked-for feature.

Dropouts are consistent on Zwift but non-existent on TrainerRoad. I’ll cancel my Zwift subscription and will stick to TrainerRoad until Zwift supports Direct Connect.

2 Likes

Are you using Bluetooth or ANT+ for your pairing interface? I’ve found ANT+ to be more reliable but YMMV…

I initially used Bluetooth then later purchased an ANT+ adapter after reading some suggestions around the forums. It is more reliable, but it still drops, unfortunately.

Have you tried a USB extender cable to get the ANT+ dongle closer to the trainer? Made sure Bluetooth is turned off? Sometimes if BLE is turned on the app will get confused.

Also wired LAN is better than WiFi for your network connection on Zwift. No idea if that’ll help this problem though.

Thanks for the suggestion, @Mark_Crane_TOG_G_65y. I have ensured that BLE is disabled but haven’t considered the extender as the trainer is less than 4 feet away. I’ll give the extender a shot.

But for the purpose of this thread, Zwift needs to support Direct Connect! I mean, Zwift is advertised on the Kickr box after all.

1 Like

Use a short extender if you have one. 0.5 to 1.0m would be good. 2.0m less so.

Ooh the new Zwift update triggers this network alert on Windows, just like on all the other apps (RGT etc) that support Direct Connect. Must be imminent!

2 Likes

I think I will need more evidence than that to get excited.

5 Likes

I would love direct connect too. Looks like Zwift is pushing people to RGT…

7 Likes

Another huge vote for Kickr direct connect support for Zwift. C’mon people the drops outs I get on my Kickr v.5 are appalling, it wrecks my racing. Give the Wahoolingans some love Zwift…!!!

7 Likes

Quite incredible how slowly Zwift have implemented this when others added it so quickly.

I was really put off racing and group rides for a long time by disconnections. I’ve now got everything ant+ which seems more reliable…but no wireless tech will ever be as reliable as a cable.

5 Likes

Thought I was immune. 5 years and every iteration of Kickr with Zwift with no connection issues. Latest firmware update and now I am having dropouts. Apple TV direct to LAN. Nothing else changed. Latest Zwift software update means that it tells me that connection is dropped. And a side issue, the companion app now useless with iPads. Have had the DirCon dongle from launch, thinking that it would be weeks before Zwift enabled. sigh. I am a Zwift sycophant but patience being tested.

9 Likes