Tacx Flux 2 issues

Hi,

Possibly, you might want to take note of Tacx Flux 2 issues (an entry in the “Known issues” section abut this is missing…): power output spikes at zero cadence, inaccurate cadence and resistance control stopping after stopping pedaling.

Tacx got back to me saying a FW fix is in the works. However, until such time as the fix materializes, this is an issue to be aware of (this is a Tacx Flux 2 issue - completely unrelated to Zwift; it appears in their own app as well…)

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up on this issue! Hopefully this is something where Tacx can resolve it soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the update , i have the same problem , did they mention when this FW fix going to be released ? Any estimation?

4 weeks… (But I wouldn’t be surprised if it took more …)

Hi, Is this the problem where you stop pedaling and then the watt spikes to 2000? If so, I have it too on my Flux 2. So they are aware of the issue and a fix should be available soon? That would be great :slight_smile:

Yes… That’s it.

Never stop pedaling…

Does it happen every time when you work out ?

I did a short workout today (± 30 minutes). Was winding down (low rpm and watts during a few minutes) and when I then stopped completely, it happened. As I found it strange, I did another ± 15 min workout afterwards to see if it would happen again, but that time it didn’t. However, I didn’t let my rpm go as low before stopping completely. Now I don’t know if it’s due to not doing the few minutes of low rpm before stopping, or the shorter duration of the workout… Did you notice a similar pattern?

As far as i recall, the spike occurred immediately after cadence dropped to zero following some effort. I haven’t research it much… 2kw is inhuman.

Hopefully, Tacx will have a solution soon. In the meanwhile, never stop pedaling…

Is it possible to undo the Zwift challenges I’ve unlocked as a consequence of this fault ??

Cheers

No as far as I am aware of.

According to Zwift the 2000 watt spikes were a tacx flux 2 firmware issue. But my last 3 rides were without the spikes, the Tacx Flux 2 still running FW 1.09 and i think (which means i’m not sure) after a update from Zwift. Happy that the spikes are gone. Don 't mind where it went wrong anyhow.

Ever since I learnt what not to do (stop pedaling…), I havn’t seen the 2KW. Granted, Zwift can address the issue (not “fix”), by removing excessive wattage (don’t know if they do).

Still waiting for the new F/W…