Issue calibrating new Tacx Flux 2 to Zwift

Hey there i’m new to Zwift having just purchased the Tacx Flux 2 Direct Drive trainer. I tried to calibrate the trainer to Zwift after it automatically paired itself and the calibration keeps getting an error. I’ve downloaded the Tacx App and have managed to calibrate the trainer to that, however, i’m still get the calibration fail from Zwift.

Any help with this issue would be very helpful, given that this is all new to me it’s a little overwhelming trying to level up my education to ensure this all runs smoothly.

Mikael:

It’s okay to use the trainer without calibrating in Zwift. The Zwift calibration is only an alternative to using you trainer’s own calibration app. In fact, originally Zwift had no calibration in game.

I have not used a Flux 2 trainer. Someone else might give further information about why you’re getting an error in the Zwift calibration function.

Meanwhile, I believe you can ride on in Zwift without worrying about the calibration fail in Zwift.

1 Like

Thanks for the info Steve.

I was hoping this might be the issue I can’t complete an FTP test. The wattage keeps spiking from 0 up over the redline (whatever it’s set to). Really strange!

That does sound kind of strange. If you continue to have this issue, please write in a support ticket and we’ll further investigate.

In the meantime, it may help to check for wireless ANT+ or BLE interference (depending on which one you’re using), and to check for a firmware update by using your Tacx Utility app. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I have the Problems too. Apple TV 4K and the flux 2. Spindown calibration doesnt work.
With Tacx App no Problems.
Greetings from Germany.

1 Like

Hi
I also have the same issue with the tacx flux 2. When trying to calibrate it, it Fails everytime. I pedal till 37km/h then stop pedaling… and at the end always the same message: calibration failed.
I also have the feeling I dont feel the downhill much compare to my previous trainer.

Hi All,
I also have the same issue with the Tacx Flux 2. When trying to calibrate it, it Fails everytime. I pedal till 37km/h then stop pedaling… and at the end always the same message: Calibration Timed Out! FAILED.
Then I can see problem in speed - I keep same cadence, same wattage but suddenly speed goes up or down… Wattage and cadence correspond to Garmin Edge or to Tacx App, but speed no…
Could you advice please?

Same problem for me, any solution on the Calibration Timed Out issue?

Same problem here, Tacx NL is telling me it is a known problem which should be solved with a firmware update.
With so many people having these problems one might think that Tacx and Zwift might want to cooperate for a solution?