Surrey Hills Route not accurate.... Why?

still not working. I stopped confused after 50km and >1,000 climbing meters. No badge, but good workout :wink:

Got the badge today.
Zwift got an update today. Not shure if it matters.

This time my spawn point was way before the Tower bridge.
Not shure if that mattersā€¦

Good Luck everyone.

1 Like

Got it today on first try on top of Fox Hill. Using an iPad with the old version, as there is no update yet for iOS.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing. This suggests a possible reason. You get spawned in a certain general area for this route, but not in exactly the same spot each time. So perhaps if they start the route in the middle of the spawn area and you get unluckily spawned slightly after the route start point it wonā€™t count?

We could test this by having people post strava links to their rides and mention if the ride matched the route or not.

Having never been officially awarded the badge during the ride I did check today to see what badges Iā€™d achieved and it was there. I hope I got the xp awarded too.

I am making a 3rd attempt at this right now ā€¦ i will keep you guys posted.

Would someone at @Zwift PLEASE confirm if this bug is fixed? Iā€™m trying to decide between trying to unlock this route (one of my last) or doing a group ride. I would love to unlock the badge, but if itā€™s still bugged id rather join a group rideā€¦

I doubt youā€™ll get answer from zwift that makes you feel confident (after all theyā€™ve said it was fixed several times), but Iā€™ve been monitoring all the ā€œroute badge not awardedā€ topics that I can find and I havenā€™t heard anyone complaining about Surrey Hills in a long time.

It like a few people got the badge, it does have a long lead it.

I would suggest that, just to be safe, you make an immediate u-turn and ride back to, at least, the point where the pens enter the main road (if not all the way back to the banner), then make another u-turn and start the route as normal.

1 Like

I did this route yesterday - 33.miles and 3687ā€™ of climbing - no banner. I gave up when I was routed back onto Box Hill for the third time. I guess itā€™s still buggy?

I rode it on Sunday, without issue. I had to go up Fox hill twice - once to actually start the route, and once to finish the route. 29.25 miles, 3241 feet of elevation.

I can also confirm I got the badge for this route on Saturday 25th Apr. I did the exact same route as Iā€™d completed 4 times previously and it seemed to work this time!

@Charlie_Moores: Looking at the green ā€˜startā€™ arrow from your activity on the Companion app, it looks like your spawn point may have been too close to the bridge and, therefore, beyond the actual route ā€˜startā€™ point. My opinion is that this is a bug, as a rider should never spawn past the start point of the route they have chosen. (This is possibly even more annoying than the super-long lead-in!) If you want to try this route again, I would recommend making a u-turn from wherever you spawn and riding backwards along the course to at least the point where the start pens join (if not all the way to the PRL banner), and then make another u-turn to start along the correct direction of the route. This is what I did and I was awarded the badge with no issue. I had done it this way after seeing so many complaints about riders not receiving the badge. I think the actual route start is somewhere in the middle of the spawn area, so it can just be luck of the draw as to whether you join before or after the ā€˜lineā€™.

3 Likes

Thanks so much @Nigel_Tufnel - it would never have occurred to me to look at my spawning point! Great advice, and thanks for takimng the time to respond in such detail. Back to the bike and try again thenā€¦Cheers

Iā€™m not so sure about the start point being the issue. From what I understand, spawn point to the banner at the top of Fox Hill is the lead in. The route actually starts when you pass under the Fox Hill KOM banner the first time.

1 Like

I donā€™t think that is the case. The route starts near the start pens.

If you compare my start point to the previous screenshot start point that Charlie posted, mine is actually closer to the river.
I got the Surrey Hills route badge.

I just picked ā€œSurrey Hills Routeā€ in Zwift and the navigation does not include a final Fox Hill ā€“ instead it took me back to London.

I donā€™t care about the badge: I was just trying to get all of the climbs in for training, which I did. But it is bizarre riding the Surrey Hills route (no, you claim, not that Surrey Hills route) doesnā€™t award the Surrey Hills badge.

That is what I call a bug.

Hi @Charlie_Moores

Would you like to help us debug this issue? Please send us the .FIT file from April 29 when you experienced this problem. Hereā€™s where to find your FIT file.

Weā€™d also like the log.txt file from April 29, if itā€™s on your system still. This is how to find your log files.

Please attach it to an email to support@zwift.com. Ask for Shuji in the body of your email and reference this thread too.