Surrey Hills Route not accurate.... Why?

Yes.

And thank you for confirming, that all other route badges working :slight_smile:
Now I can plan my next route :slight_smile:

Iā€™m so glad this thread is here. Iā€™ve missed it once so wonā€™t go back now unless i end up on that course in an event randomly.
This is the stuff that Iā€™d like to see tidied up - bugs and so on, especially given the massive investment going in. So less marketing, more bug fixing :slight_smile: (but hey, thatā€™s not how commerce works I guess)
@Zwift - can you comment on timescales for this?
I think those comments people have made about making it clear what the lead-in is are really good - after all - it only takes a line added to the route decription ā€œLead in for this route is ā€¦ā€ which of course would then need maintained by someone if the spawn points change, but does that happen often?

1 Like

Rode it lastā€¦ same issue as others - No Badge

I have all other route badges except this one.
I kept going well past the stated length and climb distances. I ended up at 61 km and 1300 meters of climbing and never got the badge.
I realize the ā€œbadgeā€ doesnā€™t matterā€¦ but it is annoying to choose these challenges, and then not complete them because of a bug that they have been aware of for some time.

1 Like

Wrote to support and got this back.

Hi Martin!

Thanks for reaching out!

Sorry to hear about the trouble unlocking the badge, Iā€™ve checked with our team and theyā€™re working on a fix. While there isnā€™t a work-around for this issue as of yet, the fix will come from our end and all you should have to do is keep your Zwift app up to date. Once the fix goes out, we would then advise reattempting for the badge.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue improving Zwift. Please let us know if thereā€™s anything else that you need assistance with; weā€™d all be more than happy to help!

Thanks!

I made my 3rd attempt today and completed the second climb of Fox Hill and through the banner.

No badge. It seems fairly random about getting it.

Read above, they are working on a fix, but no eta, unless you like the route and just do it from time to time, then go for it and you might be lucky, but if youā€™re just badge hunting, wait for the fix to come out. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m aware of them working on the fix, Iā€™ve had the response as everyone else.
I actually really like the route so itā€™s no big issue although the points would be nice.

Just did Surrey Hill for Badge Huntingā€¦no batch and now found this thread. I did fox hill twice, expecting the badge at box hill arch. Could it depend on the spawn point and the lead-in? I did all hills, box hill, Leith hill, Keith hill and fox hill twice. So the whole route, but mz spawn point was a bit confusing. It was another point as when I did this route already some months ago. Also also the distance did not fit to the route descriptions in the start screen.

I really wish they would tell us when this is fixed. Iā€™ve just ridden 50km on the ā€œSurrey Hillsā€ route with no unlock. This is the THIRD TIME. Itā€™s fun getting PRā€™s and trying for KOMā€™s, but they really should be able to go back and retroactively give you the badge if youā€™ve ridden it. They have a record of all of your rides. It shouldnā€™t be that difficult. As someone else said. Itā€™s very demotivating. I love having carrots to chase. It really sucks when you catch up to the carrot and it disappearsā€¦

1 Like

Still not fixed - just did ā€œSurrey Hillsā€ with no badge :frowning:
I checked strava before starting, so pretty sure I completed the full route Surrey Hills - Start Pen to Fox Hill KOM | Strava Virtual Ride Segment in

2 Likes

Zwift folks - can you please add a note as to when this will be fixed please? So that we all know. And would be sensible to put a note ā€˜in gameā€™ as well so that people know when they select the route that badge wonā€™t necessarily be awarded

That would be easy to do and good customer stuff?

I am pretty sure I passed you while I too was doing the route for the 2nd time, and still no badge. I did however open up a support ticket and submitted both fit files for reference in case I didnā€™t do it right.

I followed through with the 2nd Fox Hill climb, and continue on to make 30 miles out of the ride.

Just did the route one hour ago for the 2nd time. Once again no badge. Rode 50km and nothing happend. I am frustrated.

2 Likes

I decided to try for the Surrey Hills route badge tonight. After reading many of the comments on this thread, and putting them together with some comments about the Royal Pumproom 8 route in Yorkshire, I decided to try something out. Lo and behold, when I got to the expected end of the route (top of Fox Hill for the second time) I was awarded the route badge!

What did I do? After selecting the Surrey Hills route and spawning near the Tower of London, just before the Tower Bridge, I started pedaling and then immediately did a U-turn and rode past the start pens to the banner, then did another U-turn and went back past the start pens and my original spawning point and then continued on the route as normal.

Unfortunately, I had not done the Surrey Hills route since the route badges were introduced (at least not that I recall), so I canā€™t truly say if the U-turn trick is what allowed me to get the badge or if I would have gotten it if I had just done the route directly from the spawn point. I also donā€™t know if I may only have needed to ride backward as far as the start pens before flipping around again to ride the route. All I can really say is that I did the U-turns and rode the route and got the badge, so I wanted to share this in case others (especially those who have tried the route and NOT been awarded the badge) want to try this to see if it works for them. Good luck!

3 Likes

I rode the Surrey Hills route yesterday and received the badge.
There is a long lead in as I started on the bridge. I didnā€™t do any
U-turns I just rode. You have to finish on top of Fox Hill.
The Zwift suggested distance is misleading.
I did get the badge for my efforts though.

I also received the badge yesterday after I posted 7 days ago, that I did not get it. 7 days ago I did it as free ride, starting at the bridge. Yesterday was a group ride, starting at the pen.
But the Route clearly starts on top of Fox hill, so after the first climb, which is part of the lead in. End of the route is again the banner, after climbing Fox hill the second time.

Me also. Rode Surrey Hills twice (50km and 48km). No achievement badge.

Finally completed, no U-turns, just rode the route as Zwift had it. 43.8 Km.

1 Like

Got my badge on my second try. Did nothing different, just rode the course as it is, both times. Clearly there is a bug here but I guess it is difficult to ascertain when it seems to be totally random?

Good luck to all of you still trying! :slight_smile:

Yep, bug still exists. My second try, second fail except for a really good workout. Did Fox Hill twice, continued until Leith Hill for a total of 32.27 miles and 3704 ft climb. I did notice a weird thing during the ride. On route to second climb of Fox Hill, I saw the count down on time start for Fox Hill, then it disappeared. As I rode on, I hit Fox Hill and the count down started again. When I hit the finish of Fox Hill the mileage seemed correct at around 27.4, but the elevation was off (lower) by a couple of hundred feet from the stated numbers for the route. Weird.