it tried it but the link doesn’t work
it says the same acces denied
it tried it but the link doesn’t work
For some reason those links don’t work any more. I’ve updated the instructions with new links here:
Thank you very much it worked You saved my lockdown and the one from my wife who was worried about me not riding my bike…
My pleasure, glad to help
Hi Sandy, hopefully you can be of some help. I’ve decided to dig my Bkool Pro 1 out and get on Zwift during the lock-down, but with no resistance this is far from ideal. I’ve downloaded Bkool Toolkits to update the trainer but keep getting “No update needed” with the firmware showing 3.1, I’m sure I’ve seen 3.25 elsewhere? I’ve uninstalled Bkool and reinstalled via your Mac link. When I open it I get a software update page and have no choice but to accept the update which then goes to the bike cockpit image page and doesn’t go any further, I waited 45 mins with no change.
If you could be of any assistance I would be very grateful.
Hi Stephen, no problem.
The Toolkit app doesn’t seem to update the firmware on the pro to 3.25 any more so that’s no help. What you need to do is update it using an old version (v3.53) of the Bkool Simulator. If it is asking you to update it then you probably need to look at step 4 below - basically you have to trick the software into thinking it is the latest version so that it doesn’t update. Try following these steps and let me know if you get stuck…
- Uninstall the Bkool simulator software
- Download the old version from here:
- Install the software, but don’t run it yet!
- Find and open a file called version.dat
- In windows it is here C:\Program Files (x86)\Bkool Indoor\BkoolIndoor_Data\StreamingAssets
- On a mac it is here: Find the Bkool application in “Applications”, right-click to bring up the menu and select “Show package contents”, Navigate to: Contents > Resources > Data > StreamingAssets > version.dat
- Open the file in a text editor and edit it so that the number inside it is “5.14” (i.e. the latest version) instead of “3.53” (On the Mac I had to make a copy of the file, edit that, then delete the original and replace it with my new version - there may be a better way but I’m not used to working on Macs)
- Open the Bkool simulator and hopefully it won’t prompt you to update it since we’ve tricked it in to thinking it is the latest version
- Go to the Pair Devices section and find the Bkool trainer - hopefully you should see the option to enable Ant+ FE-C mode, click this
- You might get a message to say that the update failed but this wasn’t actually true in my case - try loading up Zwift and hopefully it should appear as a controllable device
hello friend, I did this following the instructions for a windows notebook and not for mac.
Installing the old version of bkool I managed to turn my bkool pro1 into ant + FEC that needs to be discovered in zwift.
Many thanks for your help, I am now properly connected, thanks to your step-by-step instructions.
At first I don’t get the FE-C pairing option but after turning off the bluetooth on my Mac it came up straight away.
Excellent, glad you’re up and riding!
Hi all, I’m having a slightly different problem, but still trouble with my controllable function on Zwift. I have a bkool smart pro and trying to run Zwift off a Samsung S6 tablet. Its picking up the trainer and cadence fine on Bluetooth but not the controllable function. And when I turn off Bluetooth the Ant+ isnt picking up anything. I tried the firmware update for bkool but I’m already on 3.1 and it says no update available. On the bkool simulator the Bluetooth and Ant+ picks up very thing fine !! But I’d like to ride with friends on Zwift.
Anyone having/had similar problems? Seems like a Zwift issue rather than Bkool but not sure.
Hi Fran, as far as I know the Bkool will only work with Zwift as a controllable device on Windows or Mac devices using Ant+, so even though you have an Android device with Ant+ it wont work.
I’m not sure if it is a Zwift or Bkool issue, perhaps even a bit of both, but I would try and use a Mac or PC if you can. If you do then you might still need to follow the steps posted above to enable Ant+ FE-C but it is possible to get it all working eventually!
Thanks a lot for ur response. I have managed to get it working on a Windows laptop with the ant+ dongle yah! Only problem is that it’s my husbands laptop and I was hoping to be able to use my own (new) device to keep it simple, shame but least it works on something. I feel like bkool has the most connection problems out of a lot of the turbos.
Thanks Zwift guru !
Hi Sandy. Thank you for the workaround. Appreciate your effort. I’ve tried several solutions listed below (followed by the outcomes respectively) but it seems I’m still on the bad luck side. Mine is Bkool Smart Pro 2.
- Bkool Toolkits (iOS): Pro 2 firmware updated to 3.25. In Zwift the Pro 2 detected as power but controllable not detected.
- Bkool Indoor v5.14 (Win10): Devices (Pro 2, powermeter, cadence, speed, hr) connected right away. But cant find the Ant+ FE-C option.
- Bkool Indoor v3.53 (Win10) - your workaround: Few devices connected (see attachment). Pro 2 is not detected at all. Hence Ant+ FE-C cant be seen as well.
I’ve been toggling between bluetooth and ant+ for each solutions. Also forced restart the trainer for each solutions. No luck.
Hi Fateh, the signal strength on the other devices looks a little weak, if you move the trainer nearer the PC does it pick it up?
Oh, and I think it needs to be connected via Ant+ in the Bkool SIM to update it to FE-C
en el paso nº5 para windows cuando dices editar el archivo, dices que cambie el nombre y ponga “version5.14.dat” ¿es correcto?
luego al ejecutarlo se queda cargando y no inicia el simulador.
la verdad no manejo mucho el tema informático.
me puedes explicar como editaste en archivo "version.dat " yo tengo windows, pero al poner "version5.14.dat " luego ejecute el programa pero no me aranca, se queda cargando. y no puedo emparejar dispositivos.
un saludo y gracias de antemano
Sandy, you’re MVP!! It works now. Pro 2 detected in Bkool Indoor, but cant see any form of Ant+ FE-C option though (see attached image). Tried my luck to check on zwift and it is there now. Thanks a bunch!! Will give it a ride this afternoon. #RideOn.
Javier, allow me to assist you on this. You will have to edit the content of “version.dat”, not renaming it. To do that, follow below steps:
Right-click version.dat, and select Edit to open in text editor - Notepad. (Note: If Notepad is not configured as the default program, you can open it in Notepad by right-click > Open With > Notepad / Choose Another App > Notepad.
In the Notepad, modify the number to 5.14. Save the file and close.
You shall proceed with the rest of the workaround.
Note: I believe your computer system is in Spanish as well. The options mentioned above may vary. Google Translate might helps.
Perfect! I’m just glad to get another person riding in lockdown
muchas gracias. lo he intentado y no sé si de forma exitosa, al intentar guardalo, no me deja pues me dice " no tengo permiso para editarlo, consulte con el propietario del archivo o el administrador"
continuo y ejecuto el programa, me sale una advertencia para que actualice a una versión nueva, le doy a cancelar y me dice que el programa no se iniciará pues no está actualizado.
¿ debo instalar esa nueva versión ?