Phone tray add-on for Tacx Tablet Bracket

Hey all!

I’ve installed a couple of Tacx Brackets for Tablets on the handlebars of bikes and have wished for a small tray to hold a smartphone below the tablet bracket. What’s there now is described as a water bottle holder but I’ve never found it useful as that (angles on my bikes cause bottles to fall off).

On the Tacx NEO bike, there’s a lovely tray right where it should be, why not for the rest of us?

Well, I made one. Rather, I found one that can be easily modified with minimal work. It starts as a phone tray for a Peloton Bike which you cut slots into to slide over the lower section of the Tacx tablet holder.

…and another iteration involving the Companion App on the phone, ZwiftMap GPS on the tablet for a better view of upcoming turns, and Zwift running on the AppleTV:

Since edits are disabled on the original post, I’m posting this addendum.

You can use this tray without the tablet section attached:

This makes sense if you already have the system and still want the option of tablet use - say, for travel.

I’ve since switched to a Foothill Products “Trainer Tray” that attaches via a Garmin (or Wahoo) twist-lock mount:

If you never intend to use a tablet, the Trainer Tray would be more economical than buying the Tacx Tablet holder + phone tray, never mind less work than modifying the phone tray to fit.

I also installed the optional “out-front” mount which would let me attach a bike computer ahead of the tray. (pending purchase)

I only have one ride in with this but like it so far. It’s more practical if you already have a computer mount and plan to use your bike outdoors as well.

EDIT - many, many rides now with both the modified Tacx mount and the Trainer Tray and they’re both excellent.

2 Likes

Hello. Great work! Can you share 3D model of that replacement for bottle holder from the original post? It looks like something I would like to have. The imgur link is no longer available. :frowning:

Sorry pal - pics must have been deleted in a clean-up a while ago. Pretty simple process though - use cardboard to mock up the cuts with the tablet holder removed. Then use a rotary or oscillating tool to cut the slots in the tray and test fit it.