Android phone vs Apple TV graphics

Hey Hannah!

Added datapoint: Bumping your resolution target down to 1440P instead of 4K makes the game run far more smoothly and you’d be hard-pressed to tell the difference between that and 4k. That’s going to reduce the system hardware requirement by a lot. The link @Paul_Southworth posted above to the ZwiftInsider article is a good guide.

16GB is enough, as is your CPU. Per the linked article, 4th generation i3 CPUs are a good value pick for Zwift and yours is the same generation but faster an 8th generation so it’ll be faster. Framerate may drop in crowded areas but it’ll run. (edit to note you’ve got a newer CPU, thanks to @Chris_Holton )

One thing: make sure you have an SSD (solid state drive) not HDD (spinning media drive) - the latter will grind Zwift to a halt and SSDs are a cheap upgrade if you don’t have one already.

Try this link to find your inbox: Profile - Hannah_Moore - Zwift Forums
(only works for you)

Your phone isn’t a write off: the S23 is great hardware that’ll get OS updates for quite a while, and security updates from Samsung for many, many years after that. Buying a budget phone would have meant replacing it sooner. Another plus: you can run the Zwift Companion app on it quite well.

If you don’t have a handlebar mount already, are are a tonne of options. I made a post about my adventures in that area, here: Phone tray add-on for Tacx Tablet Bracket - #2 by Otto_Destruct

Another fun discussion that might give you some ideas: Pain-cave photos/equipment ideas

EDIT - cute birbs! :parrot:

1 Like