“No Signal” in the pairing screen

Hi Robert,

which app do you mean?
I haven’t done an extensive workout with the Wahoo app yet. Do you mean this app?

I have had the BTO issues with all devices, so.

• iPhone
  • MacBook
  • AppleTV

I also use a BTO heart rate strap. This does not cause any problems or dropouts.

1 Like

Hi,

I too was in doubt what was not working correctly. So Installed the wahoo app (you need to, to update your Kickr software anyway) and there I could connect to my kickr for watt, cadence, etc.
That ruled out my Kickr was broken and in my case it was windows.

Before I recieved my ant+ I used a workaround. I connected to Swift via the Swift companion.

Hi all.

Another one here!

Been using Companion successfully on iPhone 11 Pro for 2 months with
Wahoo Kickr Core
Wahoo cadence sensor
Apple Watch

Companion then connects to Apple TV.

I did the Zwift & Companion updates on Friday and today Companion would barely load. The Bluetooth devices list was a load of rubbish listing what looks like serial numbers, rather than the precise device name as usual. I could connect the Kickr but as soon as it connected it changed to ‘no signal’, the other devices wouldn’t connect.

When I turn off connect through companion, I am able to connect the devices, but only two of the three which is frustrating (though this is apple restricting the number of Bluetooth connections to Apple TV).

If I use the Zwift iOS app I can connect everything. Likewise the Wahoo app connects correctly to the Kickr and separate cadence sensor so I know they’re all working correctly.

I’ve tried the usual WiFi network check, deleting and reinstalling all apps, powering everything off.

Any alternative suggestions please?

See Zwift Companion Release, February 25th (3.22 iOS, Android) - #46

Hi,

I too was in doubt what was not working correctly. So Installed the wahoo app (you need to, to update your Kickr software anyway) and there I could connect to my kickr for watt, cadence, etc.
That ruled out my Kickr was broken and in my case it was windows.

Before I recieved my ant+ I used a workaround. I connected to Swift via the Swift companion

For those getting “no signal” which I just had after wifi connection problems and wifi modum reset:

• Unpair trainer in Zwift program (desktop version)
  • Unpair trainer on pc, laptop in Bluetooth settings on your pc, laptop
  • Pair trainer in Zwift (desktop version)

Meaning: the Zwift program (desktop version) should reactivate the bluetooth connection by finding it by itself and directly from the Zwift software itself. It basicly needs to reset itself on the wifi network, in this case after the wifi network itself was reset first.

1 Like

After last update my Elite RealAxiom wired is not pairing. I have been successfully using it for a number of months and some time earlier. Until this update! very disappointing as that happened during my scheduled training plan and I cannot do anything now.
Is there any known solution? Is Zwift going to do anything about it?

28/6/21 - sorry to report that the ‘No signal’ bug is alive and well, at least on my setup.

Using Huawei MediaPad T5 (Android), so BLE connection, to Tacx Flow. Trainer pairs every time to Tacx Utility app so it’s not the trainer.

I have to restart the tablet/turn Bluetooth on & off/force stop Zwift/unplug and restart the Flow, sometimes many times. Intermittently connects, shows power and cadence, then just drops. The ‘Companion app’ fix does nowt.

Once it’s running it’s fine, never drops out during a ride (well, maybe once or twice a year or so ago). HRM strap (again, BLE) sometimes works, sometimes not. Strap works every time with my Polar watch.

This is clearly a software issue, and it stinks to high heaven that it happens pretty much every time I go to use the app, taking up to half an hour to sort.

Considering we pay monthly for this service, it really is unacceptable that this issue still persists. I mean, when did this thread start? 2019? Ludicrous! :rage:

2 Likes

Seems an old problem is back. Connected with “No signal” on the setup I’ve been using for months. Work around didn’t work. My little man is sitting alone in the jungle.

2 Likes

Same here. Using a TACX Neo 2 T with a Samsung Galaxy 7+ and the controller and power meters drop, but the separate cadence pod is fine. This has screwed up three out of four set workouts this week.

Half an hour into a one hour set session and it drops. At least today I only went 10 minutes until it gave up. If it continues then I’ll simply bin Zwift and use the Garmin app. It doesn’t matter how good Zwift is in comparison (when it works). I’m not paying for something I can’t use.

2 Likes

This “no signal” still seems to be an issue!? Or is it a new issue since the last Zwift release? Since a few
days I have the same problem (running Zwift either on a Windows Laptop or on an Android phone - issue happens in both scenarios).
Sometimes I cannot start a ride at all (because “no signal”) or sometimes it just drops during a ride.
This is extremely annoying.

The trainer (Kickr Core) pairs perfectly with the Wahoo app so it is not an issue on the trainer side.

I’m getting the same issue after update. I’ve had Zwift for about 2-3 months now. I’m quickly finding out how great and bad it is.

1 Like

Yep, same issue here.

Feels like the resistance stops working during a ride, I go to the connections screen and can see the Kickr is connected but ‘no signal’

Seems very flakey. Yesterday I tried for a half hour to get it to re-connect. Restarted the PC, restarted the Kickr, unpaired, repaired… went all around the houses with no solution.

Eventually on the 4th or 5th restart of the app, PC and Kickr it eventually reconnected.

I can’t tell what ‘fixed’ it, but this happens frequently.

Paying for such a flakey service seems wrong.

Can anyone shed any further light on a fix?

Is an ANT+ connection any better?

1 Like

It’s definitely worth a try. Some people find BT best, and for others it’s ANT+. If you do go ANT+ it’s worth getting a USB extension cable so you can position the dongle as near to your trainer as possible.

3 Likes

I’ve ordered one :slight_smile:

1 Like

After riding for about 3min I loose signal. Any update with this issue?

edit: update. No signal at all from apple watch. Trainer looses signal after a few minutes. Setup is exactly the same, after the update nothing works properly but zwifts automatic withdraw from my acct.

Same issue on the Kickr for me. I swapped to pairing using companion app on the phone and it seemed more stable. Worth a shot!

1 Like

I’m still in my free trial period but if I can’t get this fixed I’ll be cancelling. Windows 10 with Broadcom USB bluetooth dongle. Lifelife speed and cadence sensors. Both sensors will pair but goes straight to “no signal”

Hello. Have the same problem. Try to connect my TACX NEO 2T to Zwift on WIN11 and there is “NO SIGNAL” for 4 days.
In Tacx Traing everything is good and NEO 2T connected without problem.

Who know how to fix it?
I try do froget device in BT, reinstall Zwift, off my PC, off every devicy in room. I think i try everything now but problem not solved.

It seems the bluetooth dongle on my PC wasn’t up to pairing more than one sensor. Started using the Zwift Companion on Android and all is well.